Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Confusion about hacking Hotmail

hotmail

its alot eayseyer to get into anyones hotmail accounts than u think,
    microsoft setup servers for employee use only so that you can send a email to a classified server address,ask for the password and stuff of any hotmail email address and it will send you all the info back. and of course these servers soon became public servers so any rookie or wanabee hacker knows about this and can get any account info they want

and yes microsoft tryed combating this by changing the servers, but of course the information always become public eventully

thats whay i dont use hotmail
    [gloworange]The Enemy Is Ignorance[/gloworange]

http://www.antionline.com/sig.php?id=194

scoobs: Where'd you hear that information at? I've not ever heard anything like that before, and if it's true that's really horrible.

Yeah, I forgot the link, but at MungaBunga and LordNikon's site, (I forgot name and link, damnit) at reveals a Microsoft test server that is used by the public. It really is sad though.

Developer Extraordinar
    That is really sad, if hotmail workers are sending password, username, real name, address, phone number, IP, god only knows what else to who ever e-mails them and asks for it.

/me desides to stop useing hotmail, only for Messenger. :> That mean...
    /me has to find a new e-mail provider.
    Any suggestions on who??

There are so many e-mail providers out there. Why does it always have to be hotmail.
    I do not know of any reason to use Hotmail or any other free server other than for a catch-all account in the first place. I have my "real" e-mail which I use for my really important stuff with PGP. For everything else, there's Hotmail, Yahoo! and whatever.

I figure: If anybody wants to use my Hotmail account, go ahead. All you will find is all the spam I will not get in my "real" account. With this said, I am pretty sure there are like-minded people like me out there, and my question is this:

Why are so many interested in looking at accounts that might be used for junk?

Or do people really use these accounts for important mail?

This may be a little off topic, but MicroBurn asked for it..

For more email providers, check out these links:

1. My Own E-mail - Has tons of different domains to chose from example you@anti-social.com, or you@thevortex.com etc. etc. The layout of the inbox is alot like Outlook.

2. HotPop - A new one that offers about 100 megs of free storage and a couple of cool domains. Also, they think they have a good anti-spam system and provide POP3 access to your account.

3. WebMobile - A good search engine, that'll let you find a variety of free web-based email providers.

Also, why not get on google and search for something like 'Free Emails'.

Hope this helps.
    Cheers
    I blame you cos my mind is not my own, so don't blame me if I trespass in your zone!

Originally posted here by JCHostingAdmin
    Yeah, I forgot the link, but at MungaBunga and LordNikon's site, (I forgot name and link, damnit) at reveals a Microsoft test server that is used by the public. It really is sad though.
    For anyone who's wondering:
    http://www.hackology.com

Also the only MS test servers that are currently online, as far as I can tell from the site:
    http://www.hmtest.com/
    http://msn.com./

Note the dot after the com, although I have no idea what its significance is

-toad

hotmail is bad

sorry to say it is true what i said earlier.
    it would take to long to explain all the details of it but there are about 3-5 msn servers hat will give you account passords, running at anyone time.

basicly hotmail is without a dout the most insecure email provider thre is,becuse everyone uses it.

i also agree that www.myownemail.com is good as it does give alot of endings to chose from

i used to have one like @the-pentagon.com
    [gloworange]The Enemy Is Ignorance[/gloworange]

http://www.antionline.com/sig.php?id=194

Developer Extraordinar
    What is the hmtest, I went to it to see what it was, and it was like another hotmail thing. I tried to sign in with my enman_daniel@hotmail.com account. Then it said I had to have a hmtest.com e-mail account, so I signed up, and blah, blah, balh, anyways, what I'm really saying is, what the hell is this?

Talking + ha ha +

ha ha cool....