Thread: What is a Proxy???

Post What is a Proxy???

When I'm going through books about computer security and the internet the term proxy surfaces quite a bit in my readng. So much so that I really can't get a good grasp on the books discussion. So I was wondering if those of you who know or know of any good websites that I could visit, might be able to help clear this question up for me. I searched on askjeeves and this site and I did find a question that was simallar to this but it was a bit vauge and I was looking for a little more detail on what a "proxy" actually is. If feel like I'm missing out on a big part of the field here so any help from you guys/girls would be greatly appreciated and again, as allways, thanks for your help!
    The real question is not whether peace can be obtained, but whether or not mankind is mature enough for it...

See if this helps.

All credit to the author.

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=234249

Thanks bofhandpfy, I feel dumb cause the title eluded me on the search. Heh heh, but thanks for your help. It's a good read too.
    The real question is not whether peace can be obtained, but whether or not mankind is mature enough for it...