Thread: NmapWin help

NmapWin help

I desperately need help using NmapWIN with winXp. I try to scan my friend (no im not doing it with evil intentions) to determine his OS, you know, to see if it works. NmapWIN always brings it back, stating his comp is not responding to the pings. Not true! I ping him with MS-DOS and it replies! Is there an internal setting I need to set it on? I want to use NmapWIN!
    It\'s 106 miles to Chicago, we\'ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it\'s dark and we\'re wearing sunglasses.

Hit it!

Are you using the GUI version of Nmap or the command line version?
    I know there is a command option to ignore ping, the "-p0" option.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

er0k
    hum.. sounds like its working fine. maybe your friend either doesnt know that he/she is being pinged, or there firewall is messed up.. something to that extent. did you try pinging with nmap or just regular ol dos? try pinging with nmap, and if it doesnt work, then its nmap. if so, i recommend d/l'ing nmap again, because ive used it straight off the d/l without having to do any special settings.

good luck.

I would have to agree with er0k. I would download nmap again (from the original developer's site), as it may have been a corrupted download.

Im using the GUI version, and I pinged with MS-DOS. Maybe it is a corrupted downlaod=will try again
    It\'s 106 miles to Chicago, we\'ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it\'s dark and we\'re wearing sunglasses.

Hit it!