Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ~*~*A Hackers Image*~*~

Acid: Good article. I agree with it. Personally, I find the 'hackers are not crackers!' complaint to be more of a knee-jerk reaction when I say it, rather than a real attempt to change the words the other person will use in the future.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Well hackers do, as most people, not like to be stereo typed! And I guess that no one actully exists that looks like the stereo type of a hacker! Therefore I believe it is incorrect!
    I breathe, therefore I am!
    I type, therefore I live!
    [shadow]I love, therfore I die![/shadow]

Oh god, not this again....Hacker thread's are lame...

No hacker would call himself a hacker, because he will alway's put the benchmark above his own abilety, that way, he (or She ) will always want to learn more.....

The whole Idea of Labeling some one with technical Knowledge beyond the Norm a hacker is stupid...

Uch, I'm going to bed...
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Ninja Code Monkey
    Originally posted here by RogueSpy
    Back to the subject at hand. . . . . . Are any of you in ur early 20's. . . have brightly colored hair. . . . . high on caffeine. . . or any other substance. And have long frizzy hair? lol. If thats their idea of a hacker. . . whats their idea of a cracker? Somone on Skid row?
    Early 20's - yes
    Brightly colored hair - used to....blue, green, red, white, etc
    High on caffeine - not since I quit workin grave shifts
    Long frizzy hair - nope. I keep it nice and shaved.
    Tatoos - yup

But then with that description above they hit at least 60% of the people I work with at my current job or at most of the .com's I've worked with. It also sounds kind of like the standard generation x image they were all gushing about back in the 90's.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

Well, one thing that nobody seemed to notice was that the banner said MALICIOUS hacker... not just Hacker. Maybe it's a little irrelevent, but I figured that I'd point it out.
    \"A humanitarian is always a hypocrite.\" -George Orwell

There are multiple definitions for the word "hacker", so it's really not possible to clarify whether a certain person is or isn't a hacker. While that person may fit one definition of a hacker, he may not fit another. So by arguing the position we're just sharing opinions back and forth. heh, I think I'm done now.
    The radiance of ignorace in a world of nothingness and all of this time your pestilence has created nothing but uselessness

I've also heard alot of Hackers being stereo-typed as young adults with brightly dyed hair, tattoos.... etc.
    you mean I'm a ub3r-l337 hac|<0r just cause i got bright hair and tats oO
    wow!! and all this time i just thought i was a normal computer enthusiast

v_Ln

Banned

Wink

i personally .. and im not having a go at anyone .. cant understand why people worry or complain so much about how the world stereotypes "hackers" etc. i think you should be in it for the love of computing and interest not in how people percieve you

Originally posted here by c0m4nch3
    Well, one thing that nobody seemed to notice was that the banner said MALICIOUS hacker... not just Hacker. Maybe it's a little irrelevent, but I figured that I'd point it out.
    I beg to differ.

Anyone noticed the Ad banner when u first bring up the page. Look at the picture it shows with the words "Malicious Hacker."
    That was part of my original post.
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill