Heliopause
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heliopause

er0k

Heliopause

nasa sent out voyager 1 along time ago, like 25 years ago ish. it is now 8 billion miles away from the earth! thats 86 times our distance from the sun. anyway its supposed to reach the heliopause in like 2-5 years ish if i remember right. the heliopause is the boundary where the solar wind from the sun meets interstellar wind, which is like a flow of atoms and particles blasted from explosions of dying stars. the boundary is supposed to be like breathing, flexing in and out constantly.

anyway scientists are going to find cool readings and **** there, and it is so far the farthest object we have sent from earth. Whats really badass about it, is that scientists put information about humans on it, samples of what the human body consists of (images) and even our own music. they think it will lose contact with the earth in 18 years if uncorrupted by et's or hitting a huge arse rock or something to that extent wouldnt it be cool if it kept going and et's find it and were all like woah we can use this technology to learn and send stuff back, because im pretty sure if something within that distance finds it in under 18 years, they would have sent us stuff if there technology were greater. anyway i just thought that was really cool. figured id share it with you all.

wow this sounds very interesting, a nice release from the computer text so often being placed in my brain
    what is love but contempt for hate?

er0k
    yeah, im glad you liked it, i plan to (as i begin studying more physics and astronomy) to post more cool news like this for ppl to kick back and read something other than the usual security stuph. im getting interested in space more and more these days, and ill be sure to share some of the information i read about.

Developer Extraordinar
    That sound cool. Hehehe here's your response er0k taht I said I'd do. hehehe, but really it sounds cool. I can't wait to hear about the "more news like this" you promise!

MB
    Come to UnError.com

huh, I wasnt aware of how far the probe was. I wonder what ever happened to the cassini probe, that had the nuclear power plant onboard. The people around the launch area went crazy when that rocket went up, the were terrified it would explode or something. But I digress, very cool read, it would be absolutely fascinating to see contact with another race of beings in 18 years, but I wonder how the public would take the shock?
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    http://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/

and about 50000 other sites have information reguarding the voyage missions.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Couldnīt the heliopause destroy Voyager? I mean if it werenīt for the magnetic field around earth we wouldnīt be here due to the solar winds! And the Heliopause is much worse tahn solar winds isnīt it?
    I breathe, therefore I am!
    I type, therefore I live!
    [shadow]I love, therfore I die![/shadow]

All of this is assuming that there are other intelligent beings in our universe. I think it would be an awful waste of space if ther're isn't. I am very disappointed that SETI has not been more productive in finding ETs. Sort of makes you wonder if we aren't the only ones. Although I have my theory that we were born of extra-terrestrials. I really don't wan't to think that we evolved from apes. Personally, I think we are the remnents of a once powerful civilization that conquered space travel long ago, and the planets Earth and Mars were colonized by this race of explorers that may be watching our progress even now.
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

Banned
    That's very interesting. It makes one feel so small when thinking about the universe, and how infinite and mind boggling it is. Thanks, er0k.

To think that no matter how long you continue no matter how many generations you live in a spaceship! There will always be something unexplored... Never to reach the end!

Of all the planes, around all the stars in all the galaxies, the odds that there we are the only intelligent life is actually non existent!

About aeallisonīs view on our existens: I think we did indeed evolv from apes, but that there has been some ET intervention that made us intelligent, made us evolve our brains instead of our bodies! For that I am ever gratefull! Thx who ever it was!
    I breathe, therefore I am!
    I type, therefore I live!
    [shadow]I love, therfore I die![/shadow]