Thread: nortons antivirus 2002

nortons antivirus 2002

I resently installed a new version of nortons antivirus 2002 protection. this wasn't an upgrade this was a clean install. I am receiveing a message (subscription service not installed) which means I cant DL the defs. so I reinstalled nortons antivirus to correct this problem, but no luck. What to do, what to do?

windows 2000 pro is my OS.
    [glowpurple]Ctrl Alt Delete is the answer to lifes problems.[/glowpurple]

you could call Symantec tech support or try e-mailing them thats what i would do first probably.

yeah they'll just tell me to reinstall the program. Im thinking it might be a virus that attacks your virus protection or just doesnt allow it to load.

More then likely your old norton subscription info is still present. The best way is to manually remove norton, reinstall 2002 and then try again. Rnav.exe is a tool to help manually remove Norton.

you can try to manually install the updated definitions. That may kick start the subscription service. symantec downloads

More then likely your old norton subscription info is still present. The best way is to manually remove norton, reinstall 2002 and then try again. Rnav.exe is a tool to help manually remove Norton.

you can try to manually install the updated definitions. That may kick start the subscription service. symantec downloads

TechieChick
    Might not be a bad idea to run an onnline scan first to see if you have a virus. You can do it at TrendMicro or download F-PROT with the latest definitions.

It works

thank you all this helped out alot. I was able to uninstall it completely and when i reinstalled norton it worked correctly. I guess norton 2001 was still in the dir. I ran Rnav.exe and it turned out great. Ill leave the program here so anyone who has this problem can DL it here.