Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Help!

Need Help!

I have two questions, and I didnt know where too ask.

First, I updated my system to a athlon Xp 1800 but when I boot up it shows it is only 1150 mhz.... That isnt the true speed.

Second, I have my system in partition to Windows 98 and I am trying to get Windows Xp Pro on the other half, and it keeps giving me errors stating the hard drives is bad, which is new, so I doubt that is the problem. I tried it on my other hard drives and I still have the same problems.

Any Solutions???

Can you give us a lot more info please, what errors do you get?, which system did you load first and on what partition?, what does fdisk report? bios settings? With the right info we can probably solve your problem.
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

To answer your question, you may have an energy saver in place that may reduce the processing power of your PC. I know I have one on mine that I seldomly activate. You may have done so accidently, or it may be that your system is running hot, and it reduces the process power to keep the temp down. The second part of your question could be sum'd up with a scan disk. If you do not have any issues running a scan disk. Try using fdisk to repartition your drive, and re-install the two operating systems.

Problem one fixed,

I use System Commander, and the fdisk, and also Win 2000 and winxp to Partition my drives. I received different errors. My first error I receive is when I format the partition with the system commander when I am installing the Xp. When the format reaches 100% the error I receive states that it couldnt format the partition due errors with the hard drive. Please check the partition or use another partition.

You may have a bad drive. Even if the hard drive is brand new out of the package, it could have had a factory defect, or could have became corrupt during use. Do you still have a warranty?

sure do, but I receive the same error on other hard drives too...

Have you tried just one partition and one OS yet?

On what OS are you having this issue, and I know this is not a good question to ask, but. Is the copy you are using legit? If it is a copy "could the copy have been defected?". What comes up after you do a scandisk?

I have tried everything I can think of. Yes to all questions. I have all legit copies. I have two copies of Windows Xp (I have a lan) I even tried both of them and still the same thing. I even bought a new motherboard. I even flashed a new bios. The only thing I could get to work is win98, I havent tried Linux yet. There has to be something I am missing...

So win98 works fine, no errors?