Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forgot Windows 2000 password.

Unhappy Forgot Windows 2000 password.

I have a Windows 2000 OS on a Pentium 3 IBM Laptop. I can't get into the desktop because I forgot the administrator password that comes up on startup. I there anyway I can bypass this w/o messing up the computer or bringing it to a computer shop. Also I would like to find out what it is. Once I'm in where in the registry would I look. Thx for your help.

We don't teach people how to hack here. And don't tell us its your computer because we don't know that. For all we know you could be some kid looking to hacking his schools computers.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

There must be something in the water.... all these people forgetting their Windows passwords. Tsk, tsk....

This guy is pretty suspect, anyway.

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...116#post353116
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...326#post513326
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...705#post530705
    Do what you want with the girl, but leave me alone!

Developer Extraordinar
    Yeah, it does seem alot of people have been "forgeting" their windows password lately. What's next. Oops, I forgot me e-mail password... can you help me find it? Here's an idea, if you forget your password. A tip if you may, on how to remeber it... WRITE IT DOWN!

MB

Im not saying that his request isn't suspect (or that it is, for that matter) but in response to MB's suggestion of writing it down... Have you ever seen War Games (the password is pencil)? The easiest way to let someone into your computer is by writing the password down and leaving it somewhere publicly accessible like your desk or even worse, on a sticky note taped to your monitor! If you have to resort to writing it down, make sure it's hidden somewhere away from your computer if you have sensetive stuff on it.
    Just a suggestion.

BTW, if you are new to computer security, this could help you choose a good password
    Darwin\'s rollin\' over in his coffin, The fittest are surviving much lest often,
    Now everything seems to be reversing, And it\'s worsening!
    --nofx, American Errorist

Developer Extraordinar
    Yeah, but if you write it down and keep it somewhere save, your pocket., or just in your cell phone with (expample: Wd3F4gGV4) People won't know what your talking about, say, put it under your pillow, or somewhere like that, and look at it sometimes, to help you remember it.

MB

Question OK let me tell you.

The fact is that it is my computer, but not originally. My father bought it from this guy at work and gave it to me. One for himself as well. The thing is nice with a dvd drive included. But it has an administrators password on it during startup. I need help bypassing that password. Oh, and btw, the guy that my father bought the laptop from no longer works at the company, so there's no way to ask him the password. Please help me.

and why is it that you want to know what the password is? even after someone tells you how to change it? forgive me for not believing you but you come into AO, make a couple of posts, then ask how to get into an admin account...nope, never seen anyone do that before.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Lightbulb Go to the source.

Recieving computers without the passwords is kinda like getting a car with no keys, they won't start without them. If the computers are lawfully yours, then contact the system admin that is presently at the company they came from. I am sure he/she will be glad to stear you in the right direction
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

hi
    make a clean reinstall. and do noth bother others to tell you to crack pw´s