The *new* M$ Passport

View Poll Results: What do you think about this tutorial?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • It\'s excellent

1 100.00%
  • It is just another normal tutorial

0 0%
  • Nothing intersting... lousy...

0 0%
  • It sux

0 0%

Thread: The *new* M$ Passport

Old Fart

The *new* M$ Passport

I was reading this article concerning the new M$ passport wallet when I remembered this thread that I saw earlier. Given the cookie vulnerability of Hotmail (also based on Passport), would you really WANT a 'Passport Wallet'? Is it just me or does this seem to be the equivilent of putting a map to your house on a billboard along with thousands of copies of your front door key on little hooks on the bottom of the billboard? Give me a break here people! I'm going to give my credit card info to a company whose system has more holes in it than a Duncan Donuts superstore? I think not! But the shame of it is that there are thousands of people out there who will.

Please please PLEASE someone tell me I'm wrong and restore my faith in M$!!
    (I'm NOT gonna hold my breath waiting though...)
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Talking

Allen you are wrong, M$ is the essence of security....oh and BTW I have recently aquired the deed to the White House and I am going to hold a big wing-ding there on Sept. 31st everyone at AO is invited.

The only thing I use MSN and Passport for is The Zone....
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

I am afraid I can not restore anyone´s faith in M$, let alone my own! They actually only have one hole in their software... That they made it in the first place....
    I breathe, therefore I am!
    I type, therefore I live!
    [shadow]I love, therfore I die![/shadow]

Banned
    Trust depends on the person himself. Anyway, all they can ever do is show you more of those good looking Graphics rather than those significant features like improved security. If you dont trust them, I cant blame you coz i dont trust them either. Believe me, I hate a lot more things about M$ than you do.

basically if i use ne thing m$ its because im forced to :S
    --=::[ LeNc}{ ]::=-- stealing your time for pathetic web sites since 1998

New annoying newbie question of the month."How do you hack MS Passport?"Hey at least you'll have less people asking how to hack hotmail.MS could give a s#!t less about peoples security.As long as the average user thinks they have a secure system and the money's going into their pocket why should they have to spend a few extra dollars developing a decent security system.I mean they only have a few hundred billion.A dollar here and a dollar there would eventually add up.(Sometime after MS develops helper bots to do your chores for you and they all turn on us and destroy the world)
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]

Thumbs down Passport

I think I am going to have to go with you guys and say that this is a bad idea. I must admit that many of their (M$) actions or lack of action (whichever you prefer) has been enough to nearly demolish any trust I had built up for the conglomerate. Linux is looking better and better each day. Oh, btw, aeallison, make sure you invite me to your little shendig!

Peace good people.

Old Fart
    aeallison has informed me that the upcoming shindig at the Whitehouse is a 'clothing optional' affair. /me ponders...is this a return to the Clinton era Whitehouse???
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Shindig

too funny allen! LOL