Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any CISSP's out there?

any CISSP's out there?

I attended the CISSP bootcamp put on by Intense School last week. I have to say that if anyone is looking for good instruction, they are the way to go. Top of the line instructors. My instructor was Shon Harris, author of the All-In-One Study Guide. She was on top of it all. I am looking for others out there that have recently taken the test. I'm curious how you thought you did after it was over. I knew the material and felt very confident going into the test. I have to say, though, that after it was all said and done, I have no clue how I did. That was the consensus from every single person that I have talked to that took the test. Any others out there with similar experiences? Just curious. For those of you that are looking to take the test, study hard. It is very difficult.
    “It will not bother me should I live my entire life without having to kill a man but I have to say I\'m glad to be surrounded by a thousand 19 year-old Marines who can\'t wait to.”

email reportedly from an Air Force EOD Tech at Kandahar airfield

Thumbs up CISSP

To tell you the truth, I think I have a certain amount of nervousness about this exam - a little more than any other exam I have thought about taking. I am nowhere near preparing for it, but it may become a goal of mine in the near future. There's something about there only being maybe 7,000 Worldwide that have attained the title. I wish you the best Troy.

CISSP Exam...

Troy,

Took and passed the exam last year... I cannot say if the class will prepare you for the exam, as I never took any prep. classes. What I can tell you, I had the same experience as you. I felt comfortable walking into the exam, however, when it was over things were different. Walking out I had no idea how I did. Everyone I talked to, and the couple of friends who took the exam with me, felt the same way!

Best of luck to you...

Kerberos

Oh great.....I'm taking it in a couple of weeks. I feel great about my knowledge level. I guess though I need to go back and study some more. That's a fat load of cash to be dropping for a solid "maybe" pass. Time to hit the books again.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    I felt VERY good going in to the exam and of course I second guessed myself afterwards. I felt that it was no more difficult than the MCSE or CNE tracks.

Oh yeah, I did pass :-)

The one thing that worried me was the fact that so many people were after the MCSE a few years back and through places like the "CHUBB institute" and other road side kindergartens, the cert became laughable.

With the CISSP, at least this fact was recognized and requirements were put in place to avoid making this just another worthless cert.

My two cents!
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

youngest cissp

wasn't there a 18 year kid or something that passed the test?

I know about CCNE, MCSE, etc but what does CISSP stand for. I'm pretty sure its cisco but whats the rest stand for.

From the way you guys are talking, it sounds like if you pass the test you could redesign the internet. LOL.
    =

if you look on the right hand side of your antionline screen you will see a link to Security Certifications, on here it will give you a comprehensive list of all the acronyms associated with security certification such as CISSP which by the way is :

Certified Information Systems Security Professional

also look at http://www.isc2.org 9governing body)

live well and love life
    Our destiny is to endure all hardships that we encounter along the path to what we perceive to be true and worthwhile !

The Head foundation
    Please give generously

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar

Re: youngest cissp

Originally posted here by w0rm3y
    wasn't there a 18 year kid or something that passed the test?
    Actually, he was 16. He was a kid in India who had been acting as a Security Consultant to software firms since he was 13.

Here is a SecurityFocus article on him: The LIttlest Security Pro

any good books that you all recommend.