Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noah's Ark...

Noah's Ark...

Hi people,
    I came across some humerous literature yet it has a lot of bearing on our lives.
    Enjoy!
    Everything I need to know about life, I learned from Noah’sArk...
    1.Don’t miss the boat.
    2.Remember we are all in thhe same boat.
    3.Plan ahead.It wasn’t raining when Noah built the Ark.
    4.Stay fit.When you are 600 years old,someone may ask you to do something really big.
    5.Don’t listen to critics,just get on with the job that needs to be done.
    6.Build your future on high ground.
    7.For safety’s sake, travel in pairs.
    8.Speed isn’t always an advantage.The snails were on board with the cheetahs.
    9.When you are stressed, float a while.
    10.Remember , the Ark wasn’t build by amatteurs, the Titanic by professionals.
    11.No matter the storm,when you are with God ,there’s always a rainbow waiting.

NOW.wasn’t that nice?Pass it along and make someone else smile too.

Regards
    V/man
    Practise what you preach.

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    To be honest, thats a really nice quip. But i thought we were going to be debating the exsistance of the ark itself. I feel that would be more fun! Anyways,

The mountain called Ararat today is more like a mountain range with twin peaks. Interestingly, there have been numerous reports throughout history of a large boat on a mountain in this region. Earliest references (beginning in the 3rd century B.C.) suggested it was common knowledge that the Ark could still be viewed on Mount Ararat.

Reports over the past century range from visits to the vessel, to recovery of wooden timber, to aerial photographs. It is generally believed that at least large part of the Ark is intact, not on the highest peak, but somewhere above the 10,000 foot level. Apparently encased in snow and ice for most of the year, only during certain warm summers can the structure be witnessed or accessed. Some have spoken of climbing onto the roof, others say they have walked inside.

Ark investigation was also given a boost with the breakup of the former Soviet Union, because the mountain was right on the Turkey-Soviet border. Expeditions up the mountain had been considered a security threat by the Soviet government.

Unfortunately, return visits to proposed sites have produced no further evidence, the whereabouts of all photographs are presently unknown, and different sightings do not suggest the same location on the mountain.

What you guys think?
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Old Fart
    I honestly believe it is there somewhere. I watched a 'Discovery' special on this subject about five years ago and that, along with a couple of archeological papers, seem to support the concept of a global flood. The most interesting theories were on the Discovery special. Apparently, according to the archeologists interviewed, they theorized that at one time there was a vast reservoir trapped inside of the earth's crust that was in volume enough to cover a sphere the size of the earth to a depth 11 to 20 feet. The theory goes on to say that this water was released under tremendous pressure during the seismic event that gave birth to the Mid-Atlantic rift. Atmospheric currents in the region of the rift would have taken the moisture in an easterly direction, making Noah's flood a scientific possibility in their opinion. Food for thought....
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Sounds interesting! I actually saw something on Discovery, where an expidition was excavating the remains of what appeared to be a ship!

My personal oponion: Some one build a "ship" there in order to use it as a temple, church or something like that a place where they could talk to God or maybe Noah
    I breathe, therefore I am!
    I type, therefore I live!
    [shadow]I love, therfore I die![/shadow]

I don't think the Ark is still out there, what if Noah and his kids chopped it up and used it to build a house or something?
    But then again, I could be wrong.

Originally posted here by allenb1963
    The theory goes on to say that this water was released under tremendous pressure during the seismic event that gave birth to the Mid-Atlantic rift.
    I think that It may have been what cause the separation of Pangea. OR, the separation of Pangea caused the seismic event. Also, I think all this ties into the Enviromental Changes that took place. Wasnt it said that there used to be a seperate "atmosphere", that caused the sky to look pink? I heard that from some science lecture a while back, I Dont remember who or where? You guys know anything about this? Also ties in the extincion of the dinosaurs. The Great Flood acctually explains a great deal,all the way to the Palestine/Israel conflict. But I am going to save that one until i know my words won't be wasted.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Author Daniel Quinn has an interesting theory about an actual flood on the North side of the Arabian peninsula that could be the genesis for all the ancient flood stories. He thinks a lot of people used to live where part of the Black(Caspian?) Sea is now. I think it was in "Story of B" but I could be confused. Interesting stuff....
    \"Now it\'s time to erase the story of our bogus fate. Our history as it\'s portrayed is just a recipe for hate!\"
    -Bad Religion

If you read Genesis, it will tell a story of the people that were on the Earth at that time. How they were wicked and evil in their ways. And their how their hearts conceived nothing but evil.
    It also makes mention of a race. Maybe a "Super Race"? I have been in the Word since my conception, but i never was able to make full sence of this...The Nephilium, they only mentioned here. And never again. Read this passage and looka at the mystery of it all.

Genesis 6:4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men that were of old, the men of renown.

Notice the first part: The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward,
    but focus on the latter part. "and also afterward." Does that mean that this 'race' is still present. Also notice it calls the Nephilium, "The sons of God". But he is not referring to MAN because he then says Daughters of men. Using Men or man to differerenciate the two races.

At this point I wonder, what were/are the Nephilium. Some sort of Angel? Or deamon? Who knows, but shortly after this verse, God Floods the world, but somehow, the nephilium servive.
    Because it did say, The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Originally posted here by Dr Toker
    If you read Genesis, it will tell a story of the people that were on the Earth at that time. How they were wicked and evil in their ways. And their how their hearts conceived nothing but evil.
    It also makes mention of a race. Maybe a "Super Race"? I have been in the Word since my conception, but i never was able to make full sence of this...The Nephilium, they only mentioned here. And never again. Read this passage and looka at the mystery of it all.

Genesis 6:4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men that were of old, the men of renown.

Notice the first part: The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward,
    but focus on the latter part. "and also afterward." Does that mean that this 'race' is still present. Also notice it calls the Nephilium, "The sons of God". But he is not referring to MAN because he then says Daughters of men. Using Men or man to differerenciate the two races.

At this point I wonder, what were/are the Nephilium. Some sort of Angel? Or deamon? Who knows, but shortly after this verse, God Floods the world, but somehow, the nephilium servive.
    Because it did say, The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward.
    If you do a quick Google search on Nephilim, it gives you a few websites, of which http://www.mystae.com/restricted/str.../nephilim.html came up with many instances of the word. I am unaware of the accuracy of these quotes, as I am not versed in Biblical texts, but I get from a quick general look around that the Nephilim are Giants or 'mighty men', a possible super race, or fallen angels, as I have put together. I know I had heard the term before, and it picqued my curiosity.
    Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn\'t die in vain. He died in Washington D.C.

here is an interesting little tidbit that may or maynot be your super race. i read a little while ago that some archeologists studying in a pyramid ran across some hyroglyphics that made them wonder a little. one that looked much like an apache helicopter, and some strange looking figures with almond shaped eyes, much different than the human looking icons that were typical of the art. further investigation led the archeologists to a calendar of sorts that, roughly translated, told them that the "master race" will come back for their flock? in the year 2012. this by itself could mean nothing at all, but a few years later, i saw (believe it was discovery or history channel) that the mayans in south america had predicted the same thing, that a leader race will come to check up on us in 2012. the thing that stuck out my mind was the similarity odf the year. i made it a point those many years ago to remember that year so i could *heh* welcome the visitors and avoid anal probing. are we an experiment left behind by a race of aliens? or was it perhaps the Nephilim, the race the good doctor brought up.

as for the ark itself, i thought i saw a documentary that discreditted the ark on Mt arafat. I believe the problem with the construction that they saw was not from the proper time frame. i'm sorry i cant give you more info, but that was a while ago. tidal floods caused by tge seperation of pangea is a very interesting theory, however and one that would quite explain the mystery.

another sidenote mystery solved... moses parting the waters to let his people through: the area that moses crossed was an area that had high tide and low tide during parts of the year, much like a town in france i believe is called mont st michel? (french people, sorry for murdeing the spelling) and it really was quite easy to walk across as it was a rather swampy land. however, cavalry, canons, soldiers with full gear, would sink into the murky swamp, thus "swalling" them up. tada!
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?