Thread: Top Links List

Top Links List

After reading thru the descriptions of sites on the list, I'm not sure they are really good for the image of antionline. I see no problem with sites about sequrity, programming, services and personal pages, but, sites that are mearly attracting users because they are based on malicious hacking attacks just are not an image that should be put next to AntiOnline when the members, for the most part, are against such activities and are more interested in stoping them.

What I propose is that, like the forums, this list be moderated to keep such things off of antionline.
    what is love but contempt for hate?

Are you talking about the .alts?

joey i was talking about this:
    http://www.antionline.com/toplist.php
    i don't believe that the above is the .alt you mentioned, hope that clears things up

I understand where you're coming from, but the thing is, there are legitimate reasons why people might find those sites useful. I, for instance, recently went on a little scavenger hunt for Linux rootkits as research for my tutorial on chattr. I wanted to know what files the skiddies are trojaning these days. Pretty much all security sites these days provide this kind of information and resources. SecurityFocus, for instance, regularly posts expolit code to BugTraq and archives exploits on their site. That's where I ultimately found the rootkit I used in my example.

Do you think that's bad for the image of SecurityFocus? I don't. If you wanna be a cop, sometimes you have to go undercover into a bad neighborhood. If we don't know what the script kiddies and black hats are up to, we won't know how to how to be ready for them. I can see where you might think they are bad for AO's image, but they are perfectly legitimate targets of interest for the people here.
    Do what you want with the girl, but leave me alone!

hmm well problemchild you make a good point i hadnt thought of that