View Poll Results: What would you do if Hacker mailed you about bug/hole?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Give him a job or reward him!

5 83.33%
  • Bah! Press Charges or Report him!

1 16.67%

Thread: Tacking devices on kids

Banned

Tracking devices on kids

With the all the kids going missing lately a company is trying to cash in on this by makeing tracking devices to be implanted in children's bodies.
    I personally think this sucks.

It won't keep kids from doing the wrong things.
    It won't save them from violence.
    It won't keep them away from drugs.

basicly if nobody notices the kid is gone the implant is pair of DogTags only for children.

From a chapter of the Bible to a book called 1984 lack of privacy is devowering us like a slow cancer. I would much rather live a life on the fast-lane than to live a life under a microscope.

I definately agree with you. Privacy doesn't really exist anymore, and President Bush's "Homeland Security" program isn't helping any. The way things are going now, I wouldn't be suprised if the government outlawed anon. proxies or created mandatory spy- ware programs for everyone's PC. All in the name of "Homeland Defense," I suppose.

I found a quote a while back that is I think is becoming more and more relevant to our situation after September 11th:

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double- edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so. How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar."

- Julius Caesar

These are just some of my thoughts, probably a little far fetched, but I figured I'd get them out there
    \"A humanitarian is always a hypocrite.\" -George Orwell

The fact that I saw this stuff coming does not make it any easier to deal with...<sigh>
    \"Now it\'s time to erase the story of our bogus fate. Our history as it\'s portrayed is just a recipe for hate!\"
    -Bad Religion

Old Fart

Already been done....

I hate to burst your bubble guys, but this subject was discussed yesterday here.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

I belive that this is a way for the government to keep an eye on what people are doing. Its bad enough that theyare probably spying on what we do on computers or phones they probably want to know where we are at all times. They will probably say it is for our own good and to keep track of "terrorist activities".

PS. I am not dissing the government just voicing my opionion.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]