Thread: Alternative to Outlook Express

Alternative to Outlook Express

Hello everyone, well the thread subject pretty much sums up what I am looking for. I am looking for an alternative to Outlook Express, pref. something free as I am extremely broke as of late. It must be compatible with Xp as well. Ok, that is all. Thanks.
    [shadow]Prepare ship for ludicrous speed![/shadow]

Old Fart
    I would give Mozilla and it's email client, found at www.mozilla.org , a try. It beats the crap out of the IE/OE package from Microsloth. If you're on dialup it will take a while to download, but it is worth the wait.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Check this link , I personally use the netscape messenger which comes with Netscape. You can download it here.
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

I personally use web based e-mail most of the time but then i dont email too much. But at school, we have Pegasus mail which is a free download from http://www.pmail.com . It is fully compatible with XP. Also, you could try Eudora (http://www.eudora.com/download/) but i think they have some minor issues with XP still, but they say they are working on them. Its also free. Hope this helps
    Darwin\'s rollin\' over in his coffin, The fittest are surviving much lest often,
    Now everything seems to be reversing, And it\'s worsening!
    --nofx, American Errorist

It's not free, but I was always a huge fan of PMMail. I used it way back in my OS/2 days, and then later when SouthPoint ported it to Windows. I wish I could get a Linux port now. I believe it does have an evaulation period if you want to take it for a spin. www.pmmail2000.com
    Do what you want with the girl, but leave me alone!