Ok I know there has been many posts about this subject but I have had an idea I don't think has been mentioned before so I thought I'd share it......

As most people have prolly seen there has been alot of [FB Army] people banned over the last few days - now I don't dispute that many of them prolly deserved it but perhaps some got banned purely due to their connections to the others?

Well what I suggest to comnbat this kind of situation is this....

When a person gets the required amount of antipoints to be banned instead of them being simply banned from posting they are put on a kind of probation - a time where they can redeem themsleves....they will recieve a warning stating that their conduct &/or posts have not been recieved well by the other members of the AO community and if they procced to conduct themselves in the same fashion they will be banned from posting on the boards.

Durring this time - which could maybe be for like their next 10 posts or something - they cannot recieve antipoints...now I know alot of you may think this is stupid as this will leave them free to flame and cause trouble for 10 posts witjh no fear of being banned etc but I think another system may work better.....

Instead of antipoints link there could be a link open only to senior members or members with a certain number of antipoints where they can give the semi-ban person a black mark for a bad post....a certain number of these black marks and they are banned.

This would stop people form neg dumping on them just cause they have a bad name and give them time to fix their reputation among the community.

Perhaps even allow the senior members/those with high enough antipoint status to award good marks to them which would cancel out more negs than the usual antipoint system so that if they do decide to mend their ways and their 10 or so alloted posts are good posts they may be able to start again with a clean slate - if all 10 posts have been awarded good marks by the higher members of the community.

We could take it back to a pre-school level and call the good marks gold stars and the bad marks black dots hehe

Does everyone follow me(!?) Ok I'll shorten it for those who havn't followed it or can't be bothered reading the whole thing

• A member recieves a large amount of antipoints and is put on probation
  • Durring this time they cannot recieve antipoints
  • But instead senior members or those with a high antipoint status can award them good/nbad marks
  • 3 bad marks and they are banned
  • Enough good marks and they start again with a clean slate

I just think this would help stop uneccesary bannings and help those newbies who have jumped into the forums without really knowing what its all about or how to behave to have a secong chance.....I know people can just start a new account but word almost always gets around who these peolpe are and I feel that I personnaly would have alot more respect for someone who has pulled themselves back from a semi-ban to be a good member of the community than I would for someone who has simply got a new account.....

Well is just an idea.....please feel free to give your own opinions as to how this would/wouldn't work - and if you feel it wouldn't why? and what would make it a more fesable/better system.....

after all this is our community - with thanx to JP of course!! =^_^=

v_Ln