Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The AntiPoint Vendetta

IMHO as I'm still new here, but I have noticed that some perfectly good(good as in neither deserving positive/negative) get hit for no reason. One thread like that came up today, it's here.
    And then I've actually seen good and factual posts get negged (who knows why), but totally undeserving. Not just 2 or 3 or 4 negs, I'm talking very negative and extremely negative.
    The AP system seems to be doing it's job, but I think,(again MHO ), the easiest way to limit abuse would be to have "AP Moderator" for lack of a better word. Yes some people will always come whining saying how they got negged for no reason etc, but one could put a limit on how many grievances you could bring, in say a month. Those who keep coming back when it appears that they dont have a case or whatever, the moderator could give them a warning.
    As for people using their points unfairly, if a valid complaint is found, the abuser could be warned, and if it happens again, he/she starts losing one green per new abuse...
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

To the mouthbreathers that slammed me into negativity for my comments earlier in this thread: you only served to prove me right, faceless little bitc***. you are living proof of what is wrong with the system.
    *the wise do sooner what the fools do later.
    --Gracian

WOW first Allen think it is an excellent idea, second am amazed at the usless threats people make out here. Common thing being a security site not a damn ego race, at least NetSyn says he is a student and one I for that matter respect very much even though I got kids his age. That being said the tweak would be good I see just what you are speaking about I see greenies go away from people that in what they have given but in an off the wall comment. I've never gotten a PM about such things but yes I do see people attempting to mess with the point system. Humm Senior members will give their points and again as I see it here you cannot buy their points and they are given at their choosing. Patterns are easy to spot hard part is what is ligit or what is a complete BS point assigment.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg