Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Fat Hackers for the FBI

I think you need to look at what they are trying to do..

The FBI dont want balanced individuals, They dont want to invest in you if you run the risk of popping your cloggs next week.

I have worked in IT for about 15 years and have spent a lot of time at the keyboard.. and if you have piss poor health then you are no good to them. I know a lot og guys who are good out of the gate and piss poor on the home run. the FBI, NSA and such want you to have good health as it means you will be around for years (protection of investment). They can ship you around and still expect you to be able to put a days work in... and if it comes to the crunch a few days of long hours is not going to destroy your health.

But i would have to agree that the interview questions seam a little one sided one things like drugs are not squared with drink.

just a thought

So, to recap: If i smoked pot 14 times, then i can be a super ieeto fbi agent. If i have smoked 2 more times, then I can't? Oh yeah, is that 15 times (sessions) or 15 bowls? I guess either way i'm ****ed!
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

The pot thing is an arbitrary number

They could as easily have said 10, or 5, or once. What they're really going to look at is whether you pass and continue to pass the drug screen which, I assume, after hiring is random.

As for the fitness, it just makes sense. It's already been explained. Does anybody really believe they're going to work for the FBI or any other similar organization and not go through some type of training. It isn't done that way. Believe me, the physical training isn't that difficult. The FBI are white collar cops, meaning that their physical training isn't as tough as you'll find in say, the NYPD, LAPD, or most other police agencies where the officers are out working the streets.

I am a bit puzzled as to why they aren't planning to use the people for what they hired them for after graduation from the academy. That makes no sense. If they need them now, then use them now. Typical Federal operation, though. Five yrs down the road, things will change so much that the current crop of hackers, away from the computers for years, will be lost.