Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems installing 2000 or Xp pro

Problems installing 2000 or Xp pro

I have been receiving different errors since I have up graded my system, (or trying too) and one of the errors I am receiving is.

NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

***ADDRESS BFE CO1777 BASE AT BFE96000,DATESTAMP38437ed3-NTFS.SYS

BEGINING DUMP OF PHYSICAL MEMORY
    Physical memory dump complete.
    Contact Ad. bla bla. and so on......

My motherboard is new with a new Cpu, I even bought a new hard drive, because I was getting a partition error in the begging. Any other suggestions??

The Iceman Cometh
    My recommendation? First, try reinstalling Windows over your current installation. If that doesn't do what you want, we need way more info...

When did the error(s) first surface? When do the error(s) occur specifically? What programs are running when it occurs? Is the RAM you have compatible with your new motherboard? Have you run chkdsk /r to check for hard disk errors? What does your Event Log show in the way of warnings and/or errors? Do you have updated drivers for all of your hardware (that's a common problem)? Are you running any legacy programs or programs that have known compatibility issues with 2000/XP? Have you tried installing all of the Windows Updates?

AJ

If you have new motherboard, CPU, and hard drive, have you checked your RAM? RAM errors are pretty uncommon these days, but if everything else is new there's not a lot left. And it does kind of sound like it might be a memory error.

Like Sherlock Holmes said.... when you've eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
    Do what you want with the girl, but leave me alone!

er0k
    hum.. like stated b4, just check your RAM to see if its compatible. and even if you have enough to install win2k or xp. you must meet the minimum requirements, i believe it is 64 mb for them both, but dont quote me on that as im not sure. we need more info though, like if you had reformatted, tried reinstalling etc... just reply back with more info if you can, and im sure more intelligent ppl will be able to help you

okay, let me go into more details, The one I upgraded is Athlon Xp 1800 + 266 FSB w/ 256 Ram,(all new) I was using the same hard drives and was getting partition errors with System Commander stating my hard drive has bad, please check my scsi connection or something like to that effect. So I decided to go ahead and get a hard drive. Now and the the above error. I even went in a flash a new bios. I tried everything. I even tested the hard drive and reformated it ntfs on my other machine. Right now, I have my machine going slow right now, about 1150 mhz, should I bump it up, would that help or would that make it unstable??? I believe I could get it around 1530 mhz...but I doubt that it my problem...

Have you checked the cables? I recently saw a machine that had a bad IDE cable causing all kinds of flaky errors.

Just a thought.
    Do what you want with the girl, but leave me alone!

hmmm, I've haven't tried that route....

I will though.....

Actually before trying to change your whole computer, you might wanna take a look at this article in MS knowledge base:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...EN-US;Q228888&

Good luck.

If you have additional RAM available, try swapping the chips out. You could have leaky memory (even though it's new). We just got a bunch of Compaq EVOs in recently and we were having issues with the memory in some of them. Just a thought...the IDE cable thing is a good suggestions too...
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

I just recieved that error when I was installing Win 2k Server on a machine at our office. I took out the cd, shutdown the computer for 5 minutes and rebooted. It finished the rest of the install after that...