First Day Back To School

Thread: First Day Back To School

First Day Back To School

The dreaded first day back to school.... Something most of us never want to come around but always seems to sneak up on us while we are being lazy during summer!

I started college yesterday and i thought id hate it and i was nervous cause it was my first day there and there is over 42,000 kids and i just felt very small compared to the school itself. I found that it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be. The teachers seem nice but my algebra teacher sorta scares me... He wore a tanned/peach colored button up shirt with a pocket and protector for his pens, Tight orange colored pants, And a thin orange tie.. His hair poofed out like carrot top and he had pretty big glasses... You can imagine a room full of kids seeing their already late new teacher walk in the room.. i dont think 1 kid could keep a straight face and many busted out laughing.. I had to put my head in my arms and lay my head down just to keep from laughing out loud.

College wasnt as bad as i thought it would be and my english teacher (who i have to sit in a room with for 2 hours) seems like a very nice lady and someone id have no problem going to when i need help.

So all you who started school this year.. Tell us how you thought itd be and how it accually was.

(most the people in the US and CANADA i know started school this week) (Most college kids i know started school within the last 3 weeks)

--NetSyN
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

Well, I didn't so much start school again since I go straight through the summer, as I started a new term. Year uh, 5 or 6 now I guess, not real sure.

One professor fit my expectations exactly since I've had her before, great lady. My other professor this term bugs me alittle, but I'll probably get used to it. The naming conventions and layout he forces us to use in our code is very off the wall, unlike anything I've seen before, and he has an attitude of "use the logic I use or it's wrong, dont use your own." Gotta just deal with their quirks and move on though.
    -Shkuey
    Living life one line of error free code at a time.

i use to have a algebra teacher that even when i found quicker ways to do his problems and always come out with the right answer he would say my logic could not be used because it is not a known therom and could be flawed unless i could prove that it always works.

he was a moron that just couldnt take the fact that i took his long ass way to do it and turned it into a quick 20 seconds problem.
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

Originally posted here by NetSyn
    i use to have a algebra teacher that even when i found quicker ways to do his problems and always come out with the right answer he would say my logic could not be used because it is not a known therom and could be flawed unless i could prove that it always works.

he was a moron that just couldnt take the fact that i took his long ass way to do it and turned it into a quick 20 seconds problem.
    I had the same problem. My Calc teacher (a Grad student from Romainia) would do up these problems, and I'd shortcut around them. She'd ask me how I got the answer so quickly. I told her I used the theorem.

"But you haven't proven it yet."

"Sure I have. In High School!"

I hated that teacher.

But college is cool -- a little overwhelming at first, but cool. I remember my first day -- it sucked. 8 o'clock class all based on this guy's book i. Nothing like abstract math to wake you up in the morning.
    Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn\'t die in vain. He died in Washington D.C.

Flash M0nkey
    well I've dropped school/uni for a year - need the time to work and earn a lil extra cash!!!
    Planning on gettin a house in Glasgow with my g/f within the yr so I guess that comes first

She's studying up there from the 21st of this month!!!! Shouod be good as am going over with her for her first week to get her settled in - then we're like 3hrs away from each other on the bus......better than havin to get a plane like i was doing all last yr to see her!

v_Ln

I was told it wasnt the answer, it was how I got the answer.......is the answer....I'm glad I'm through with it.....

I have just two words for my first day of college: Phe-nominal. I loved every part of it, great teachers who are funny and I just love it. I have made loads of friends thus far and have kept old friends. I'm a wee bit upset at the fact that my Computer Science teach is a wee bit on the noddy side with the mind. Other than that, I love college. =)

Who cares netsyn your posts recently have been really shitty you would neg some poor newbie for this your a hipacritt
    someone needs to go back to school and learn how to spell before they try to use big words

hypocrite

\Hyp"o*crite\, n. [F., fr. L. hypocrita, Gr. ? one who plays a part on the stage, a dissembler, feigner. See Hypocrisy.] One who plays a part; especially, one who, for the purpose of winning approbation of favor, puts on a fair outside seeming; one who feigns to be other and better than he is; a false pretender to virtue or piety; one who simulates virtue or piety.

n : a person who professes beliefs and opinions that they do not hold [syn: dissembler, phony, phoney]

http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=hypocrite *so i give credit where its due so u dont try to neg me for that next*