CD Burner Issues
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CD Burner Issues

CD Burner Issues

I've come across a disheartening problem today. I'm preparing for a long trip, so I decided to make some music cd's for the gest. I put the cd in, but my Hewlett Packard burner refused to read it. I then tried a normal cd with a program on it, and it refused to read that one as well. It's not a driver issue, because I reinstalled them as well, it's just that the damn thing refuses to pick up on the cds. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what the problem might be?
    The radiance of ignorace in a world of nothingness and all of this time your pestilence has created nothing but uselessness

My first suggestion would be to chek the cables and be sure everything's tight. After that...... ???
    Do what you want with the girl, but leave me alone!

If it just stopped workin w/out you doin anything ie. new software/hardware take it apart break something inside of it maybe that will help ?

lol...I tried the cables already...should've mentioned that...didn't do any good, and I don't really think breaking it will solve the problem...it's not made by microsoft
    The radiance of ignorace in a world of nothingness and all of this time your pestilence has created nothing but uselessness

Burner Issues

Have you tried checking on the net for an updated driver. If you are using windows, try going into the Device Manager and uninstall the hardware (if it is not listed there, you've got a different problem). After you uninstall it, reboot your machine to see if it picks it up for plug-and-pray. If not, go back into Device Manager and scan for hardware changes. You can also try the Add New Hardware option in the Control Panel. If you are not using Windows, unfortunately, I cannot offer much assistance. Hope this helps...

I am using windows, and will try reinstalling the hardware. As for the updates, the computer with the problems is not currently connected to the internet, so that is not an option for the moment, but may be later on, I'm going to reinstall the hardware right now, so I'll get back to you on the results as soon as I am finished.

Have you tried their troublleshooting page? http://www.hp.com/hps/itsol/suppt_troubleshooting.html.
    Never know it may help.

tried reinstalling..didn't work. I'm beginning to think the problem has to do with damaged hardware from it recent move. I'm jus amazed that the only thing to be damaged was the burner...the rest of the hardware is rather cheap.

and zaggy....that address is a bit messy....took me a little while to clean it up

You never know, you may be able to download the latest driver onto a floppy, and then just pop it in the PC you are having trouble with. I would check just to make sure. Let me know what happens.
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

I'll see what I can do, thanks for the help...and I just wanted to acknowledge zaggy's fix....actually..you beat me to it.