Forgotten or not????

Thread: Forgotten or not????

Forgotten or not????

Greetings all,

Something interesting I heard on our news the other day was a topic being discussed about names of forefathers and family, and how many are still been given to children.?
    Come on guys, how many people do you still hear calling their children names like Gotlieb,Jacoba,Andrias etc..etc..It just shows you that people are more concerned about the issue of “how is this going to look in public,are people going to accept my children or me for that matter.”.than the issue which is really in question here, namely to be called a name from one of your ancesters who might have been very famous.

The conclusion or reality of the whole matter is that the so called”old ways of ancient people’s believes” is fast becoming a thing of the past.

So guys how do you feel about this?
    Regards
    V/man
    Practise what you preach.

Banned
    there's a place for this thread and/or topic, and it's not here.

Yes, life was better before sliced bread, but it wasn’t nearly as cool.

The loose of tradition is not necessarily a good thing. It may eventually lead to a global tradition of man, but that doesn’t help many alive today who just don’t know what the right thing to do is. Some just seem to know instinctively while others flounder for a path to follow, while those before them followed in their father’s footsteps who followed in their father’s footsteps, etc., etc,.

Today many are more or less put in the world, given a few guide lines, and left to figure it out for thenselves. What those before them have done just doesn’t seem to fit into this world.

I really can't say if thats good or bad. It just is.

My 2¢
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Flash M0nkey
    there's a place for this thread and/or topic, and it's not here
    Ummm I have to disagree cosmos seems the perfect place for this question

as for the question itself my middle name is Allen - my dads middle name is Allen my grandfathers middle name is Allen and so on so yes their is some of the tradition kept but I agree that parents are concerned about their childrens names and will not/ do not call them old fashioned names - perhaps not to protect themselves but to protect their children from name calling by other kids as they gow up!

v_Ln

: quote
    there's a place for this thread and/or topic, and it's not here

Thanks valhallen I thought so too.I think you have a very good point about name calling.That could turn into a nightmare for kids.I missed that one, thanks.

regards
    v/man

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    My family has been very much traditional. We ALL have Hebrew names. Which is rather strange because my ancestors were German, almost Arien. We all are cursed with blond, almost white hair and big blue eyes, and a very very fair complextion.(hey, he chix dig it)
    Anyways as far as names go, We'll take a look at my family tree. Starting with my GrandFather who acctually has an English first name.

William Joseph Arms Sr
    /
    Christi,Joseph II, Phillip , Camile (IDF)
    / \ \
    Racheal,Joshua, Adam, Joseph III Phillip II
    /
    Christian,Jacob-Issac(twins),Levi

So as it seems we have acctually held on to the tradition that is in our family. But its mainly 'religious' reasons..
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

I would have to say that these names are not forgotten, rather rarely used. I have meet a few people with these unique names mainly in Lancaster County, PA and some around the backwoods of Virginia. I have an Aunt Bertha, Aunt Gertrude, and a former co-worker Jebodiah. Unless you are only referring to the names listed, why don't you do a search for people with those names, and as they are not as popular as Christopher, Jamie, Mark, Jamie, John, Mellissa, and Rachael. There are still given to new lifes coming into this world every day.

Thanks jbf
    regards
    v/man