Thread: Study: Most Support Gov't Web Action

Study: Most Support Gov't Web Action

There is an important point here, while I do agree that there is some need to show some common sense (like a Dot Gov Agency has any) on what is public it cannot always mean instant access (via the web). However another point is the fact that it really makes little difference on this so called war on Terror. Fact is laws are being passed to give goverments more access (do a google search on say "Reporters without boarders") to intrude into private lives and have no facts that back up their claims that this medium has anymore to do with terror acts in the planning then a regular mail after all is a federal offense to mess with a first class mail now isn't it? So all you back to school people learn a bit cause one day you will own it. Enough the STUDY http://apnews.excite.com/article/200...D7LRT1CO1.html lol I've been back to school 3 times in my life consider it a firmware update
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

I agree totaly. We actually covered that in my computer ethics class i am taking. my instruter said "When Al gore invented the net why did he not make an office of the internet to regulate it." I agree that there need to be a regulatory office. but controling content here would be a 1st admendment issue. just like the draft is agianst the 13th admendment (no slavery) but there are issues that do need to be regualted.

Well MrBert is beyond that really, fact is the US goverment is has meaning and responds to other Goverments. The wild card now is there is no one Goverment to respond to only a bunch of nuts that do as so many before them do thing in the name of GOD, like a god would even bother with their likes. The media is giving power to these mad men and their small views. A bomb goes off anywhere in the world now it is now an act of terror or is it media hype after all if they market their views then gov'c are doing good. The terror has power because they need one thing the Media to hype their cause. Osman is nothing without all the free media hype he has gained with a few of his buddies that caused 9/11. Now the entire world bought it because of the media. No new laws will prevent such things as 9/11 what will change these events are to think out of the box, 12 mad men and a few bucks can do much damage, and even be famous....that is the sick world media reality.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

So are you saying that the media should turn a blind eye to terrorism? Also are you saying that there should be a world goverment? Is that the point your trying to drive to me?
    God save the President and his fascist regime!

No MrBert... What I think Palemoon is saying that terrorism was there BEFORE 9/11 and will be there long after we're gone. It's not a new phenomen, it did not start with 9/11.

My humble apologies to Palemoon if I misintrepreted....
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

of course our gov't will help other gov't.. it would be stupid not to. how would we have do our b!tch work if we didn't help someone out once and a while. also, the more ppl we help, the more ppl will think that we are gods, and treat us like it. you don't understand that ppl around the world don't like the usa becuase of what we are and what we stand for. there are ppl out there that are going to try and make everyone unhappy. that's life. we have to deal with these ppl the right way. if we don't, we will make them heros and spread the idea of Anarchy. now, i know there are a lot of memors here that are total anachests, but grow up. if we didn't have a gov't with laws, then i would have killed all the soccor moms on the highway because they drive 55. all i'm saying is that it has happened. we can try all we want to try and stop it, but it wont stop. sure, the media will cover it like white on rice, but it's the media. get over it. learn from it.

Palemoon, ya 'bout hit the bottom line there, i had to fill in a few of the middle lines, but then what the hay, .... and, HavangerSr, ...would you pleeeeezeee send your 55mph soccer moms over here, mine are running up my rear bumper at 85mph while the faster ones are tunnel-vision on their cellphones while passing me on the right !!!!

When you consider that most will just read the headline and first paragraph, this is a very misleading article. One could almost accuse them of yellow journalism.

Study: Most Support Gov't Web Action

NEW YORK (AP) - More than two-thirds of Americans say it's OK for government agencies to remove public information from the Internet, even though many didn't believe it would make a difference in fighting terrorism, a new study finds.
    The (quite leading) questions that were asked in the survey were about maps of pipelines and government installations that would still be publicly available in certain libraries. Not just "public information" removed from the Internet. You average joe/lline glancing at this would think that most Americans are in favor of general government censorship and would therefore be more prone to support it
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”