Thread: Linux sites to dl said os

Linux sites to dl said os

hello everyone. thank you for taking time reading and responing to this thread, much appreciated. i was wondering if there are any other places where i can dl rehat and/or mandrake linux without haveing to dl all three cd's worth. i'm already aware of
    ftp://mirror.mcs.anl.gov/pub/Mandrake/iso/ for mandrake
    and
    ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/7.3/en/iso/i386/ for redhat

the problem is that i don't really want to spend 3 days dl to each cd. any ideas anyone?

Have you considered getting them from cheapbytes.com? They're only like 2 bucks there.

But if you're going to download it, you can get away without the 3rd Red Hat disc, if that helps any, though.
    Do what you want with the girl, but leave me alone!

I suggest that you purchase the CDs if you are looking at 3 days/CD with your connection.
    Like problemchild stated they are cheap, here are some links to cheap retailers.

www.linuxcentral.com
    www.cheapbytes.com
    www.linuxmall.com

And if you really cannot afford the 3-5 dollars I am willing to send you a copy of just about any distro. No one should be deprived of such great software
    Civilization. The death of dreams.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    You can install redhat with only the first cd. The second cd has some useful programs, but are not necessary. The third CD is souce code (if I remember correctly).

http://linuxiso.org also has a lot of distro's for download.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

The 3rd CD is binaries, but it's just a bunch of little odds and ends that I've never needed. And certainly nothing that can't be downloaded quickly if needed.
    Do what you want with the girl, but leave me alone!

thank you all for your insights

I have a sony r505jl and redhat won't recognize my cd drive so I'm going to kinko's to use thier hi speed connection to dl it to my hard drive and have a dual boot machine.

this might be a solution if your installing linux on a notebook