Current Issues
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Current Issues

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    889

    Current Issues

    Been busy and away and see a few new people. With that I tend to drag into here current world events. While some may feel that these things have no place in Security issues they have everything to do with both the web and security issues. Besides AO lets people from across the world express their thoughts and in that process enable people from many places in the world better understand each other and that goverment issues are not always everyday people issues. So we have the big T word so take a bit of time to read about what the UN thinks of the war on terror at http://apnews.excite.com/article/200...D7LT9I6G0.html then ask yourself is a few nut cases become an excuse for all of us to loose basic human rights.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

  2. #2
    Old ancient one vanman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Freestate,South Africa
    Posts
    570
    I think that you are right palemoon.If politics would let human rights dictate the way a country should be run,the world could be a much better place for all of us to live in.

    Politics are always put first and they don't care what the cost.Then afterwards they say oh!?
    how many lives have been lost,condamning everybody accept themselves.

    What is this world coming to?

    regards
    v/man
    Practise what you preach.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    889
    I know simply the people of two places in the world where I was born and where my wife was born, when we are home both places the kids enjoy we simply happen to be from where we are the people if one is lucky enough to elect them have their agendas after all about 5% of people rule the other 95%. I'm tired of saber rattling, war is so easy and so much profit in it, the big house on the hill thing...thing is 5% are killing 95% of us
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    651
    I agree with you guys. If human rights actually did come before politics, then the world would definitely be a better place. It makes me think of a scene in a fairly recent movie with Denzel Washinton and Bruce Willis where there have been terrorist acts on American soil and Marshal Law has been declared. The Army decided to herd almost the entire Arabic community into a camp to interrogate. How far will we go?
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

    Smile

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    225
    Ahhh t2k2 you've been reading my mind! The Siege is the title. I think there's a line in there about "shreading the constitution a little". Hm. They should show that movie to everyone in highschool, might be more fruitful then Catcher in the Rye.
    \"Now it\'s time to erase the story of our bogus fate. Our history as it\'s portrayed is just a recipe for hate!\"
    -Bad Religion

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    651
    Thanks for clearing that up for me dok. It was on the tip of my tongue.
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

    Smile

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 Security News

     Patches

       Security Trends

         How-To

           Buying Guides