Thread: Bookmarks bug

Old Fart

Bookmarks bug

I just tried to bookmark a thread as it contains several useful links to online sources for financial aid. The system said it had successfully saved my bookmark, but it is not there. Is the system not able to support links that are actually AO threads? Another member also tried and he was also unable to do so.

The thread in question is http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=234228
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

I just tried to add a bookmark, not AO related, and it didn't work. I tried three separate times, and it came up with the successful screen as well... still not working... don't know what's going on. Maybe it's something just temporary with the whole Bookmarks system, maybe it's something particular to my situation. Who knows

This had been covered once before, and I was just waiting around for it to get fixed. I'm not all that proactive lately.

No matter though.. If it's still an issue, it should be brought forth. I was trying to add some financial aid, art, sec news, tut sites, and a few other oddities to the bookmarks and had troubles too..
    I've yet to get one successful addition.. I'm sure JP will get it all ironed out when time provides.

Thread it was covered in :
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=233913
    \"I believe that you can reach the point where there is no longer any difference between developing the habit of pretending to believe and developing the habit of believing.\"

One further thing I've noticed about the bookmarks situation :
    when in the "My Bookmarks" section of the site, my count shows as 0 bookmarks submitted total.
    However, if I am to click on the "member bookmarks" on the right side of the main page, there are the bookmarks listed there. To make it more interesting, the bookmarks I had added are there, though they have no user assignment with them. In some cases, there are duplicates from when we thought we were making a mistake with out entries. KissCool's home page is listed 5 times, and he was among the first to note that his bookmark entries did not carry out to completion for some reason.
    The most noteable portion of this is that there is no user assignment, which I'd imagine means that the affiliation is not made between the account and the said bookmarks for that account. Hopefully this will help to poinpoint the issue at hand and when JP has time, he'll be on top of it.
    \"I believe that you can reach the point where there is no longer any difference between developing the habit of pretending to believe and developing the habit of believing.\"