PALLADIUM / Digtial Rights Management

View Poll Results: What do you think of this site(AO).

11. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love it....

11 100.00%
  • It\'s O.K

0 0%
  • Im just here to waste time.

0 0%
  • What site?

0 0%

Thread: PALLADIUM / Digtial Rights Management

Lightbulb PALLADIUM / Digtial Rights Management

I found this interesting article on PALLADIUM and Digital Rights Management I thought everyone might be interested in.

"I like to call this controlled computing rather than trusted computing," said Chris Hoofnagle, legislative counsel for the Washington, D.C.-based Electronic Privacy Information Center. "The companies are creating a system or infrastructure that the user cannot tamper with."
    I think they have been trying to do this for a long time now, but atleast there are people out there willing to combat it.

"Security is more social than technical," Schneier said. "There are a lot of good technical controls in Palladium, but it's unclear whether they'll be used to protect personal privacy or limit personal freedom.
    That is what everyone is wondering. IMO it will be M$ last chance to make or break themselves. If this is technology is abused where will that leave M$ in the publics eye? I am not even sure if the mainstream home computer user even cares about their rights anymore! I mean M$ has had privacy invading EULAs for quite some time now.

It won't be on any of my boxes, that is all we need is Microsoft to write their own protocols....
    Civilization. The death of dreams.

I'm with xp home right now, and this

is the last M$ OS I plan to have. Palladium is still a ways down the road and lots could change. If it comes to the nitty gritty, I'll buy that Imac I've always wanted.

Hopefully we can get a secure windows OS with out all becoming Microsoftís bitch. So far it looks like palladium is just a ploy for Microsoft to expand its monopoly. Iím sure the EULA will include the right for M$ employees to sleep with your sister and hack into your web cam when ever they want.
    Its not software piracy. Iím just making multiple off site backups.