Thread: Microsoft Mail

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar

Microsoft Mail

Ok, this sucks. First off, I hate Microsoft Mail, but I am stuck with it for the next month or so. Anyway, I am having a recent problem. I need to add a new user to my server. I go into Microsoft Mail Postoffice, and add the user like normal. Now, for some reason, it isn't showing up on any of my clients. I have also deleted users that are still showing up (but messages can't be sent because the mailbox doesn't exist). If I try to edit an old user, it keeps the old user name, but the new mailbox. On the actual server, it is showing all the proper user names and mailboxes, but from any outlook client, it is still showing the old deleted users and not showing the new ones. Any ideas? It appears to be a problem with the way that Postoffice is accessing the Address Book, but I am not sure.

NT4.0 server
    Outlook 97
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

um this might sound stupid, but, you should try to update, and/or look for alternative progs.

umm, yeah. If this company ever gets around to giving me some money. I am replacing the NT machine with a cobalt cube one of these days. But you see, this company has their heads so far up their ass....well, lets just say they spent over 20 grand last week on artwork for our new building, but they wouldn't get me a $300 HP Jet Direct print server that would have fixed problems with one of our print servers (and made it easier on the sales department).
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    -- souleman

Sounds like a corrupted database to me. Here is a URL that shows the differnet database urilities. http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;Q99419 Try and rebuild the database. The IS department is always the last to get moeny. I know it sucks having to keep legacy software running.

bighabu....looking into it. Thanks....
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    -- souleman