Thread: Rant and Rave Forum

Rant and Rave Forum

Like i posted a year or so ago, i think that AO should have a rant and rave forum. it would make this site even more better. think about it. anyone could leave a message ranting and raveing all they wanted. no one could assign antipoints, beacuse everyone would be annonomouys. (forgive my spelling). the only reason that it would fail is if somone would leave their sn. also i think that you should be limited to maybe of 1o posts per day (or less). that way it doesn't get over run with ppl bashing each other. what are your thoughts?

Wrong forum havangersr....should be in site suggestions, but I THINK this might have been covered before. But you really should delete this thread in the "Oops a Bug" forum..
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

I don't know how helpful a "Rant 'n' Rave" forum would be. Would you really want to read a forum that was nothing but empty negative opinions and complaints? I personally would never read it. I have plenty of my own bad days without reading about others.
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    I think that would be one of the stupids ideas. First of all, people don't know where to post things in the first place (like this is a site suggestion, not a bug). Second, if someone pisses you off in the rant/rave forum, you will just find a different post to assign negative points to. You want to be annonomyous, make a second login (which I don't agee with either...if you need more then 1 login, you need more intelligence because what you are posting with the 2nd account probably shouldn't be posted or you are trying to abuse the system in some way). And 10 posts per day???****, there are like 3 people here who post that much. Maybe 1 post per month at most. If you have that much to rant and rave about, leave this forum. Find someplace you like better. Then, when you come back, don't whine about it any more.

Besides, JP has already mad it clear that he will NOT be making any forums that do not allow antipoints, or not add to your post count.

See, this is my rant. I am not worried about getting negative points for it. Or worried about what other people will think of me.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

I think a Rant and Rave forum would cause too many problems in the forums where people can assign points.If what you have to say isn't intelligent enough to be subjected to AP's then it probably doesn't need to be said.Besides that if you had a bunch of people on this forum flaming everybody and their brother's then eventually it's going to cause AP wars and people ganging up on each other.Over all I think it would just bring down the quality of the site.
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]

Over all I think it would just bring down the quality of the site.
    agreed..
    as if we don't have enough problems as it is..

we would have this forum because then you wouldn't have it in any other thread and/or forum.

I don't think that AntiOnline needs a rant and rave forum. I think that it is very simple to understand that if you dislike the site enough to rant and rave about it that you may be better served by posting on other sites.

I am a total newbie, but from what I can tell this particular board likes to see helpful and constructive posts that other people can use to assist them. A forum full of complaints doesn't help anyone. If you have a constructive suggestion then post it in the site suggestions forum. But don't complain.

In my opinion, it is OK to complain as long as you can offer a better way to handle what you are complaining about. That is constructive criticism. Complaining without a better way to handle a problem is whining, and I don't know anyone that likes that.