winxp how to do it?

Thread: winxp how to do it?

Question winxp how to do it?

I have updated my windowsxp to its latest patch using windows update now i want to write htese updates to cd so that if i have toreformat disk i don't to download them again. these updates appear in add/remove list in control panel but i don't know i to save find them .
    I don't have any backup software but have backup facility of nero software so will saving system file do my work?
    thanx for help.

Ah so many times I wished that I could do that but unfortunatly the way windows update works its not possible [as far as I know, correct me if i am wrong]. Unfortunatly when you use windows update it downloads the updates to a temp file and then installs them and then I do believe it cleans up the temp files. But thats what SP1 is: its pretty much a collection of those updates as well as some other things. I love reformatting and then using my dial up to download all the updates again .. NOT
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!

It is possible and very easy. When you look in add/remove programs the hotfixes that are installed will have a Q###### number assigned to it. You can go to support.microsoft.com and search for that particular Q number, and manually download the fix.

Another neat trick if you are using IE is to type this in the address bar.

"MSKB Q######"

where Q###### is the appropriate technet article. This will search the MSKB automatically for you, and give you the results.

you can't do what your asking unless you make an image of your hard drive the way it is now using something like norton's ghost. I'd suggest going here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;Q325671

download service pack 2 and burn it onto a CD.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

tedob- what are you smoking? He asked about winXP hotfixes. Which you can easily download from the MS support site and burn to a CDrom. Please try not to confuse people by giving them invalid information.

If you want local versions of patches and such, they can be downloaded individually through the windows corporate site, which simply provides the individual installers as opposed to install-on-demand.

http://corporate.windowsupdate.micro...en/default.asp

I have to download these to keep up on our windows machines on campus, but I also use these at home (when I am not actually on linux) instead of wasting my time downloading them time and time again. --Hope this helps!!

Brent

The Iceman Cometh
    I do the same as wyverspur... I download the corporate files, and use qchain to install them all at once whenever I format an XP workstation. Also, you may want to download the network installation for XP SP1 (which contains all of those patches and more) which will at least bring you to an updated status for the time-being (until more, post-SP1 patches are released)

Check out the thread here:
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...=567538&t=7925

AJ

AJ

If Service Pack 1 includes all the updates available to date (and I don't know that it does, but I would think so), you can create a new installation CD with Service Pack 1 slipstreamed.

The guide is here.
    Do what you want with the girl, but leave me alone!