Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm sooo scared.... *whimper*

I'm sooo scared.... *whimper*

Oh Dear, Whatever shall I do...
    Look at this security alert!!!

Ahh, you gotta love popups....
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

chortle...

Ha Ha i have been seeing that around the net alot recently <rant>arghh please help me to get rid of this IP address thingy are evil haxors haxoring me cuz of this IP address thingy</rant> that must be the worse advertisment i have ever seen
    ./me wonders how many people have fell for that
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

./me wonders how many people have fell for that
    I guess there are always people who believes in this kind of ad's. I have today got several calls from different departments in our organisation asking about our security. All cause of this stupid add.. Maybe I should ask for money from the people responsible to this add since it takes up valuable time answering to these questions.

~micael

AntiOnline Senior Member
    hahaha I love those ads, they kill me.
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at
    [gloworange]http://www.loonyservices.com/[/gloworange]

er0k
    that was classic, its like one of those "your computer is being watched, by your boss, your own family!" Find out how to delete secret files stored on your computer now! Don't get caught in the act. haha man thats funny.

That's a good point micael, and it was what I was going to say when I posted this, but I couldn't figure out how to express it and was running low on time.....

Using tactics such as this is little more than a form of extortion...
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

Its too ironic that a client just called all concerned about the same message... the (l)user was saying he got it in a email ... hell, email, internet explorer, same thing right?? *roll*
    anyway when I realized what he was talking about I explained it was nothing hung up the phone and laughed.
    Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.

My mom has called me before in the middle of the night to tell me a screen popped up saying that her computer was being attacked. Since I have her hooked up with Norton AV and Internet Security, I thought she was getting an alert from it. When she told me what it actually said, it turned out to be a pop-up ad for some firewall or AV that was designed to look like a real Windows alert dialog box. The "click OK to find out more" what what gave it away.

This kind of advertising is really despicable because it preys on the fears of people who are not computer savvy.
    Do what you want with the girl, but leave me alone!

I've had to reassure people who've read that too. :P It's pretty disgusting, as advertising goes. Y'know, maybe there should be a law that advertisements like that should have a little 'Paid Advertisement' line in there somewhere, just like you'll find in magazines.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency