Thread: .:Projects Forum:.

GreekGoddess

.:Projects Forum:.

I've been thinking, what about some kind of projects forum where people can share their ongoing projects, such as helpful programs, start new projects on their own, and even work on things for AO and promote community mentoring in learning and trying out new things, as well as displaying current skills.

I think it would be a good idea for things such as the portal project that was discussed, even though it never went into effect. Gurl made a great version of notepad, I just think a dedicated forum would give more organization and people who are willing to teach and help out with certain projects could have a place to share their skills with others.

What do you think?

Fantastic idea. Wouldn't it be nice if we could use AO to collaborate on some open source/security projects? It would be a good way to tap the collective resources available here, and do it in an organized easy to browse way.
    \"Now it\'s time to erase the story of our bogus fate. Our history as it\'s portrayed is just a recipe for hate!\"
    -Bad Religion

I like the idea of displaying current skills tho, as not everybody is willing to put his/her skill in his/her profile. But I think numerous sites dedicated to open source project development (like www.freshmeat.net and www.sourceforge.net) have done a great job organising projects.

So, if we're about to develop a project, we can always join freshmeat or sourceforge, sign up the project either as AO representative (remember don't look stupid ) or personal, do the work there, and give a link here in a AO forum -> based on the subject (IDS & Scanner, *nix Security, Microsoft Security, etc...)

AO can also have some kind of official arrangement to get linked with those project development sites, but hey, I guess that's another suggestion... .

Peace always,
    <jdenny>
    Always listen to experts. They\'ll tell you what can\'t be done and why. Then go and do it. -- Robert Heinlein
    I\'m basically a very lazy person who likes to get credit for things other people actually do. -- Linus Torvalds

Banned
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=234202
    hehe soughta like my idea

but different

rioter

I've been thinking, what about some kind of projects forum where people can share their ongoing projects, such as helpful programs, start new projects on their own, and even work on things for AO and promote community mentoring in learning and trying out new things, as well as displaying current skills.
    I like the idea of a "projects forum" were people can change ideas and experiences. To use such forum as a development forum for projects may be harder since it could be hard to easy cover all (if any?) ongoing projects.

So, if we're about to develop a project, we can always join freshmeat or sourceforge, sign up the project either as AO representative.
    If possible would this be a nice idea for ongoing projects .

~micael

I think it would be a good idea for things such as the portal project that was discussed, even though it never went into effect.
    Common girl, i'm working on it. Check out http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=232512 if anyone's interrested.

Greetz.
    Bleh.