Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Downloads

Downloads

OK OK. I think most of us have downloaded [glowpurple]something[/glowpurple] from the Antionline.com archives, and so have I. I downloaded a few DoS tools to test on myself, specifically BattlePongPro.exe (please do not convict me of anything nefarious, its redundant). Norton AV claims it is a "Trojan Horse"-- very general. Is it true most of these DoS tools are virri and trojans? Or is NAV just overprotective?
    It\'s 106 miles to Chicago, we\'ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it\'s dark and we\'re wearing sunglasses.

Hit it!

Eh. some AVs call anything that can be considered "malware" a trojan. Don't think you have to worry about anything in the AO archive.
    \"Now it\'s time to erase the story of our bogus fate. Our history as it\'s portrayed is just a recipe for hate!\"
    -Bad Religion

i think u must remove it

i don't think u need so much if it is a trojan

TURBOWEST NAV claimed it as a trojan even though it was a DoS tool its not a trojan

Thanx for the replies, however I need more feedback!
    It\'s 106 miles to Chicago, we\'ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it\'s dark and we\'re wearing sunglasses.

Hit it!

I wouldn't sweat it. Some progs by the nature of what they do can fall under virus/trojan warnings. If you are unsure about it, block any outgoing access and see what your firewall reports say. I once bought a privacy/security cd and when I went to use it I was told there was a trojan on it. As it turned out the "Trojan" was actually one of the tools incuded but wasn't an actual "Trojan" per se. If the Hueristics on the AV or Firewall are heavy then there is a much better chance of getting a warning. Again I wouldn't sweat it but I would deny outgoing privileges to it unless you were testing/playing with the prog. Just my 2 cents.

all antiviris are set off by hacking tools== just shut the stupid thing off == disable,...i hope that helps your cyber buddy iceman

all DoS tools are trogans or virri by definition. they have a virus or trogan inbedded, and all it does is send it to someone.

all DoS tools are trogans or virri by definition
    When did "ping -f" become a trojan horse? I must have missed that meeting.
    Do what you want with the girl, but leave me alone!

ROFL Problemchild. Like others have said, I wouldn't worry about it if you have a good firewall. Try tiny firewall or sygate (my personal fav). Then you can block all ports and then see if that prog tries to access the net. Hope this helps you
    M$ support is like shooting yourself in the left foot and then putting a band-aid on the right one.