Thread: Intel chip with anti-hackers features?

Intel chip with anti-hackers features?

First, just wanna say thanks to everybody to helped me in my last post. I appreciate it, and I tracked down the offender, the person gave me the header, and it turns out the spammer confessed to it, didn't think I would mind, they joked and let it slip and I caught them. Thanks guys.
    Anyways, I just read on headline news that the new intel chips have features to "thwart hackers", I googled it and found nothing, does anybody have any links or anything about this? Thanks.

I remember something about Intel working with Microsoft's Palladium technology, which in turn is to make a more secure system. Do a google search for Palladium and Intel and I am sure you will find some info.

I already know all about palladium. I figured this was seperate, there was nothing mentioned about microsoft.

Old Fart
    Linuxelite....I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but it may fit the bill.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

"Thwarting Hackers" is likely just a phrase to toss around in order to capitalize on FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt). AMD, here I come. It's sort of like the PIII serial number... I'd rather have my computer under my own control than delegate the power.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

I think you might be referring to this Linux....
    The technology, dubbed LaGrande, could become a factor in a widening debate over how to prevent personal-computer users from unauthorized copying of digital information, such as movies or music. Intel has generally been critical of attempts by Hollywood to mandate content-protection technology, though longtime partner Microsoft Corp. has been adding such features to its software.
    Entire piece from MSNBC here
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara