Thread: Network Security - howto?

Network Security - howto?

Can anyone tell me which subject do i start first if want to learn network security? It will be great if can provide links...

TCP/IP. And Google is always your friend. Good luck!

Peace always,
    <jdenny>
    Always listen to experts. They\'ll tell you what can\'t be done and why. Then go and do it. -- Robert Heinlein
    I\'m basically a very lazy person who likes to get credit for things other people actually do. -- Linus Torvalds

Network Security Howto

Good suggestion jdenny. Gendalf: I started a thread along these lines and got some good posts here . You will find that there is a wealth of information already posted on this site by other members (you can do a search from the Home page as I have learned), and if you cannot find information already posted on your questions, just post a new thread in the appropriate forum and any of our knowledgeable AO members will be more than happy to help you out as much as they can.

Alright here is a site that I like to go to and read about Network Security and get the latest information, plus they have a link for beginners.

www.hackerwhacker.com/

Also if you need any books IM me and I will hook you up.

Today is the past, tomorrow is now!

TCP/IP is a good starter, you can find some reading material http://lib.daemon.am/Books/. Also if you are interested may I suggest http://safari.oreilly.com I am a member there and they have some great books. 880 to be exact, ranging from programming to network security.
    Civilization. The death of dreams.

Learning Security

Also, one of my favorites is the Security Focus website found here . They have some great "datasheets" that help you to understand the different software and hardware mechanisms at work in the Security Realm. There is also the bugtraq mailing list to which you can subscribe. You also may want to look at taking a class or two depending on how you learn best - instructor-led or self-taught. There are some certifications listed on the AO Home Page as well. Hope this helps you.