Thread: Getting started

Getting started

Hi All...

I would like to start dong some programing but have no clue which language would be best to start learning with... IYO which language would be a good one to start learning the basics of programing with???

Thanks,

4MidgetHitmen
    \"Nuts!\"- Commanding General 101st Airborne Division Dec 1944 in answer to German request that he surrender Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge
    Life has a certian flavor for those who have fought and risked it all that the sheltered and protected can never experience.- John Stewart Mill
    White, Hetrosexual, Christian male. I own guns, hunt, eat meat, burn wood, and my wife wears fur... Any questions?

I would say Java. It is based on Object Oriented principles, which are a must to understand in this day and age, and it has plenty of pre-written objects to make programming easier.

Just my opinion.

I am not sure about this but i think high level programming is closer to english language and low level language is more different than english (like useing / . > < and stuff) i started off with Q Basic and thoguh it was pretty easy...i wonder what others started off with?

Black-Mage21
    \"You impressed me, and I\'m not easily impressed... Wow a BLUE CAR!\"

This quession has been asked several times, search the forum.
    It depends on what would you like to write.
    Start with visual basic , then C++ then .... and end with assembly

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...mming+language

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...mming+language
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    - Albert Einstein

Welp, asking me will only get one response: VisualBasic. However, to become a good programmer in VisualBasic, it is suggested that you start with QBasic to help you out. It is very much like VisualBasic and can help you learn it easier. Also, work on Java Programming. That's JMO.. -- Jason Copeland

Well, the best language to really get started programming would be pascal, its easy to learn, and free to develop with. Get turbopascal and start making some rudimentary games. Qbasic is another good choice, because it is simple and another language that will get you used to programming. Try out one of those 2, don't start learning things like java and visual until you're ready, they can be hard to understand if you don't get used to some common programming techniques and methods.
    And yes, please do a search in the future, this questions has been answered numerous times.

I would suggest either Perl or Python, as these are fairly easy to get started with, very flexible, free, and not Windows-centric. I don't know VB but I'm told some would-be coders develop bad habits from learning it first.
    \"Now it\'s time to erase the story of our bogus fate. Our history as it\'s portrayed is just a recipe for hate!\"
    -Bad Religion

For ease of use I would choose VisualBasic, but to get better programming habits and get some more skills go with C++.