Thread: HSP56 Micromodem under Linux

HSP56 Micromodem under Linux

Hi there,
    Currently I have a HSP56 Micromodem and have downloaded the drivers for Linux and followed the instructions in the readme file but still i get the same error: modem does not respond.
    Am I doing something wrong?

it depends what are you doing
    but here is a web page that maybe can give you some information about winmodem like yours http://www.linmodems.org./
    good luck!
    \"Knowledge is Power\"

thanks,
    the files that i have downloaded came with a bunch of stuff, particularly the pctel.o and the pctmodule.o or something...it told me to insmod pctel.o and i had done that but it had done nothing

Hey, about a year ago I had the same problem with the same modem. After attempting to get it to work for a week or so I finally gave up. Wish I had more helpful advice but I attempted everything I possibly could to get it to work, followed every guide I found, and it still wouldn't work. I'd suggest just buying a Non-Win modem to save you the trouble unless your on a mission to make this work. Good luck!

I have made a post that contains links to many things that you may find useful in terms of linux hardware and modems.

this is the thread

Hope this helps
    Civilization. The death of dreams.