Considering a switch to linux?

Thread: Considering a switch to linux?

Post Considering a switch to linux?

As a linux newbie I have encountered many obstacles in my switch from Windows. The following article contains information that I continue to find helpful.

I hope that others will as well.

exactly what im looking for, thx
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

Very cool. This helps alot for those that are teetering on the edge of attempting a switch to Linux. It brings into perspective the questions/doubts that most Windows users have - mainly "how will I do in Linux what I currently do in Windows without losing some sort of functionality?" Great post!
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

thx i was looking for a page that could tell me the benifits of linux

im in the process of making the transition from windows to linux now myself, it is a very different animal altogether and a little overwhelming at first.

for someone who is starting out i recommend this site:
    they have NHF's (newbie help files) and they are step by step instructions for a lot of different problems one might encounter. also has many books in .pdf format to help a newbie out.

good luck with your switch to linux!
    know how to sell your wares. intrinsic quality isnt enough. not everyone bites at substance or looks for inner value. people like to follow the crowd;they go someplace because they see other people do so. uniqueness appeals both to the taste and to the intellect.