just thinking

Thread: just thinking

just thinking

Ok I have been working a this place for a year in december.I love my work.I'm a pc Tech in the IT department of the school that I attend....But the department that pays my wages I dont work for...(I bet by know your wondering what my question is) well they keep saying that they dont have the money to get my wages up to market....but they had the 20,000 to pay for a team of consultents come in to up grade the campus to win2k.A job the IT deparment should have done itself.My Question is what should I do to get better $ ? quit and find a new job, stay and hope that they just give me a raise. or ..............

Please don't hold back please Im looking for your Information/thoughts or whatever you are willing to say.
    [glowpurple]A_420_hacker_24::.\"A man without a computer is just a man, a man with a computer is a Admin\" ... \"If its not 4:20 on your clock, it\'s time to change the time\"..:Quotations from Larry Wall:.
    \"I think you didn\'t get a reply because you used the terms \"correct\" and \"proper\", neither of which has much meaning in Perl culture. :-) \"
    [/glowpurple]

Perhaps it would be prudent to look for a new job before quitting the old one. No point cutting off your nose to spite your face. You can always give notice when you find another job. Just my $.02.

If I were in your shoes I'd start looking elsewhere soon....I see a parallel between your situation and a friend of mines who found himself victim of out sourcing...They gave HIM 2 weeks notice.....Good luck.

This is my opinion: I can't tell you what to do to get more $ but to try and out perform and look better than your peers. Plus I know how you feel when it comes to feeling like your not getting paid what you should be getting paid, for I am in the Army and work in the communications part and I feel that I should get paid more for putting up with the bs they put us threw. If I we're you I would look for another job and see what they would pay before I quit this one. Good luck to ya!

Today is the past, tomorrow is now!

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    My father has always told me this. If your fishing and catching fish in your current position, and then you hear on the radio that someone else is catching alot of fish somewhere else, are you going to take the chance of catching nothing if you move?

In other words, if your making money where you are now, stay there until you find something else. No point quiting just to find that you don't get another job for some time. I would definetly start looking, but don't cut off what you already have.

You know that we all feel underpaid? I would stick with what you have until your future is secured, i.e. you know you have another job.
    Civilization. The death of dreams.

You know, there is one other option. You can put together a case in your favor and present it to them if you haven't already done so. If you present it properly, maybe they won't have a choice but to give you a raise. I would try to get some offers first maybe. Then you could show them that others are willing to pay for your skills. Who knows, maybe they will make a counter-offer if they really value you. However, some people don't believe in that, but I am just throwing something out there to you. I wish you the best no matter what way you decide to take.
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

Nothing beets experience. Im still new at this and am learning as much as i can. My pay sucks at the moment but im learning a lot and i think right now that beats money.
    Alright take it ease

Yes, you get a response from the bent canadian also. If you were to ask me, I would tell ye straight up.....and this kinda makes sense if ya listen to it right....follow yer smile...not yer money.
    Work where you find enjoyment and you will paid in a way much greater than paper bills.
    A smile or a happy attitude at work makes yer life outside the workplace better as well....if ya chase the dollar...you will never attain yer goals...chase a smile...and the return will bear interest : )
    He||sFurY

I would like to thank all of you for your help.I have been told that I will be getting a raise.So thanks again for all your help.
    [glowpurple]A_420_hacker_24::.\"A man without a computer is just a man, a man with a computer is a Admin\" ... \"If its not 4:20 on your clock, it\'s time to change the time\"..:Quotations from Larry Wall:.
    \"I think you didn\'t get a reply because you used the terms \"correct\" and \"proper\", neither of which has much meaning in Perl culture. :-) \"
    [/glowpurple]