Thread: Breaking News!

Talking Breaking News!

Hey gang. Guess what! I just reported my first "would be" hacker. This security stuff is pretty exciting, eh? He/she had been doing port/vulnerability scans on us for the last few days at least 5 or 10 times a day. It looked as though the person was trying to find an open backdoor/trojan to exploit since he was scanning such high ports. I looked him up on ARIN through Sam Spade, and submitted a contact with the appropriate information from our logs. I have already gotten an email stating that the abuse division has been notified and will be in contact with me. Isn't it great?! This is just the type of thing I needed to break up the monotony of doing trouble tickets as a Tech. Pardon my gushing excitement, but I just had to share with my AO community. Ok, I'm calm now... /me slaps himself in the face to snap out of it! LMAO...

Until the next time...

Congratulations. It must feel great. I can't wait until I can post a similar post here.

/me Applauds the good work of t2k2
    SodaMoca5
    \"We are pressing through the sphincter of assholiness\"

AntiOnline Newbie
    Good job! Always feels good to do something for the forces of good. Problem is, most people don't ever know you're doing your job until something goes wrong and you have to leap into action!

Yes, you are very correct with that comment. Don't you hate being taken for granted?
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile