Windows XP SP1 slipstream CD

Thread: Windows XP SP1 slipstream CD

Windows XP SP1 slipstream CD

I started to put this in the tutorials forum, but since it's just a link and not strictly a tutorial, I decided to put it here. I just completed this procedure for a friend down the street who was too chicken to try it himself, and it works like a charm.

For those who may not be falimiar with this concept, you can actually make a NEW Windows XP install CD with the just-released Service Pack 1 integrated into it. That way, you don't have to reinstall the service pack every time you reinstall Windows. It's a very nifty idea.

The procedure works great, but the only caveat I will throw out is that if you have an older version of Nero than they use in the example you need to check the tiny, tiny little link at the very bottom of the page BEFORE you start burning. It will save you some headaches. I have three shiny new drink coasters on my computer desk because I didn't see it.

The procedure can be found here.
    Do what you want with the girl, but leave me alone!

Thanks man that is really useful. I setup xp boxes all the time you just saved me hours of work

Oh yeah.... I forgot to mention that this is perfectly legal under your EULA as long as you have a legally purchased copy of Windows XP, and in fact it's even encouraged by Microsoft. It's been brought to my attention that some people might be under the impression this is somehow illegal, so I thought I'd clear that up.
    Do what you want with the girl, but leave me alone!

I forgot to mention that this is perfectly legal under your EULA as long as you have a legally purchased copy of Windows XP
    That is what I tried to explain to the customs people here in Afghanistan, they said yeah right and are making us toss iall CDs without the original label before we leave. Thank God they are only backups.

Anyways, thanks for that nice little tut.
    Civilization. The death of dreams.

Making backups and copies of your software is legal, assuming you only install it on one box. When you buy a piece of software, you are also buying the license to run that software for one PC.
    RedTheFed

\"If you can\'t make it good, make it look good.\" - Bill Gates