Security Flaw Found in Word Software

Thread: Security Flaw Found in Word Software

Security Flaw Found in Word Software

I like the way M$ discounts their flaws, after all Word has like 95% of the desktop market in Business. They discount the flaw saying the user would have to know the document name and where it is at on a HD or network. I guess M$ does not use file naming conventions or structured network directory naming conventions, all a common use in business. Anyway read about it here http://apnews.excite.com/article/200...D7M0FT600.html what are they doing about the flaw very little seems to me I could now then send my old boss an email and get any related documents up to the point I was let go??? Humm want more info seek it out at http://www.microsoft.com rest assured no one can guess the business file and naming locations cause they would have to find that employee manual
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Aww man, that's not good. I think that they should release a fix for '97 as well since it is still in wide circulation. Why should they suffer if they don't have the money/resources to upgrade yet. I know many people that still use it. This sounds like M$; they just want to force people to spend the money to upgrade - as if they needed more.
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

Well to me this is a serious one and one I've sort of known about some time so I am putting up a tut on it. There is not going to be a patch unless M$ takes away the very thing that most business depend upon macro's and their damn scripting.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg