Thread: Visual Basic....How To Start

Post Visual Basic....How To Start

Yeah umm...just about bought VB but was not sure if it works on XP...the box said windows 95, 98, and NT. And i was wondering what you guy think...since my school does not teach VB...i was wondering if you guys though i should learn it thro a book...or over the net? All remarks will be appreicated.

Black-Mage21
    \"You impressed me, and I\'m not easily impressed... Wow a BLUE CAR!\"

Umm, truthfully I wouldn't exactly *start* with VB, but since you're going to probably anyway, I'd recommend learning it over the net in a class-like environment. They have many sites that are dedicated to helping/teaching people to be good in languages such as VB, and they really do work. You might also be able to find a night class around your city at a community college or something where you could learn it for fairly cheap. Look around.

VB hmmmm well I've been wanting to learn VB but right now I'm busy with C++ and then maybe VB, but anyways did you go to microsoft.com and you can download VB and learn alittle bit there and if your interested I can give you a ebook about VB. Good luck to ya.

Today is the past, tomorrow is now!

Im taking Visual at school now, and have learned that by playing around with it i have learned alot...although probably not the route you
    are wanting to take...if you enjoy reading, then get a book on it...but that'll cost around 40 bucks...so itd say an ebook or try getting into
    a class online...anyway you go about it, its pretty cool ... have fun

In the past I have noticed that you can only learn so much for the free online tutorials. Sometimes in order to fully learn you need to break down and buy a book or sign up for a class.

Here is a an newbie online VB tutorial
    And here is a great book that you should look into if you want to get serious

This is a fun language to learn and know
    Civilization. The death of dreams.

It's a gas!
    When i first started out learning VB i bought a book called 'An introduction to programming using Visual Basic 6, Fourth Edition' by David I. Schneider.........this is a great book, very informative and easy to understand.

This will give you a good foundation in VB and from there the choice is yours.

Great language btw

Hope this helps!

r3b00+