Thread: New Age Dumpster Diving

New Age Dumpster Diving

This is my first tut here and I call it New Age but it reall is not. This is old stuff from the inside of networks looking out. I've been around in this stuff for 20 maybe 25 years so the tut is from that stand point. It is for people that really make a living supporting a damn network and what info is about if one knows where to look without the social engineering aspect.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Banned
    I thought you were going to run hand and hand with the new Dumpster Diving Tutorial the 2600 group released in thier summer edition magazine. Good information, but I think that tutorial would get individuals more free stuff, and your more likely not to get arrested doing it as they mention. I would suggest anyone that wants something for nothing to take a look at the summer edition 2600 magazine, and read the Dumpster Diving tutorial. I bet you it comes in handy. Palemoon, I like you information also, it defines a way for people to know what they are looking for once they get through the firewall.

Palemoon- is your comma key broke??? That first sentence contains like 8 fragments.

In an effort to improve what I believe to be some poorly written documents I will grammar check any tutorials anybody may be writing before they get posted. I'm not trying to bash anybody here, but if you are going to present technical information in these forums you should atleast take the time to look at what you are writing. I read one the other day where the person was switching back and forth between "u" and "you" as if they were chatting on IRC. I'm not an expert, and I'm not saying I will make it perfect. However, I can definitely improve what is currently being posted. Writing these types of documents can be good practice for the types of things you will do when employed in the IT industry. However, writing the doc. properly is key.

You people seriously need to grow up. If you re-read my message it was meant to be taken in a very nice way. I was offering a service to try and improve the quality of material that is produced through this site. It has nothing to do with the material that was presented, it has to do with presenting it in a more professional manner.

Think about it this way- JP wants this site to be a site for security professionals and people who are interested in security issues. If the material that is produced through this site looks like it was done by people who are uneducated, why would people who are educated use this site? If you people want to neg me and ban my account for trying to make the content that is produced here better, then YOU are the people who are driving this site into the ground.

And don't worry, if I one day come here to find my account banned, you won't have to guess what my new account will be because there will not be one.. And JP will lose a site visitor who has been visiting AO for more then 3 years.

Yeah, my comma key is broke. After a major accident and head injury the head and the hands each have a mind of thir own, and I forget my English teacher name along with many of my family. Is this a problem mohaughn? Go figure that people with a disability are out here and hey you cannot dot an i unless your word processor does it for you. LOL I'm a pro out here just to old to strut any stuff even for the babes here (sorry about that ladies). The Tut is for people actucal Net Admins to consider in view of this M$ flaw. As for 2600 they are what they are I do not oppose nor endourse (pick nose)them. They have a right to publish it is just information, <--- SEE Comma . <---That is a Period It is how you use what you know geez now days most dumpsters are behind locked gates...skip hip hop..dewap
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Old Fart
    Patience, my friend, patience. You have entered the Palemoon zone, nothing is wrong with your moniter, do not attempt to degauss...this is the man's style of writing. I'm one of those picky 'dot your i's and cross your t's' kind of people too, but thats just me. Whats right for me isn't always whats right for the other guy, so I have to have tolerance...as do we all. Palemoon can be a bit difficult to follow sometimes, but that just gives him character...so lets all lighten up and enjoy life instead of letting the little things drive us batty!

When we gonna get part 2 Pale?
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...