engineers grow penis

Thread: engineers grow penis

engineers grow penis

Tissue engineers grow penis in the lab

http://www.newscientist.com/news/pri...?id=ns99992781

In a remarkable feat of tissue engineering, major parts of the penises of several rabbits have been replaced with segments grown in a lab from their own cells. The animals were able to use the reconstructed organs to mate.

The next step is to try to recreate the entire organ from scratch. The technique could make it possible to reconstruct the penises of men who have suffered injuries or those of children born with genital abnormalities.

"If you have a child born with ambiguous genitalia, it's a life-changing event," says Anthony Atala of Harvard Medical School, whose team carried out the work.

It could also provide an alternative to the crude methods currently used to enlarge the organ, such as injecting fat cells or cutting the penis's suspensory ligament and "pulling out" more of the internal part. Instead, a patient would have penile cells removed by a doctor and, a few weeks later, the organ or parts of it grown using the cells could be surgically implanted.

Could all this lead to new heated debates over which sex to keep and which to clip or law suits claiming the wrong one was removed. And phrases like: "When is he gonna grow a set of balls" might just take on new meaning.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Am sure Lorinna Bobbits Hubby is happy he has hopes LOL..that had to hurt what ever floats the boat http://members.tripod.com/feministhate/index.htm
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Old Fart
    Thats right folks, it's the newest item from "Ron-co"....the 'Petri Penis". Call now and for 24 easy payments of $199.99, you to can grow your own custom penis. But wait, thats not all...order now and we'll include, absolutely free, the 'FlowBee Pubic Trimmer' system. Whats the point in having a stately new organ if you can't display it in just the right fashion? Your new organ will be the centerpiece of a garden of stylish pubes!

Call in the next five minutes and we'll include a second 'Petri Penis' at no additional charge. Perfect for the man who can't resist showing off to the wrong person (you know how jealous those wives and 'significant others' can be)! So call now and be the first on your block to get a 'Petri Penis' and 'FlowBee Pubic Trimmer'...you'll be the envy of ALL the neighbors!

DISCLAIMER: 30 minutes satisfaction guaranteed or your money back. Any resemblance of the 'Petri Penis' to any other penis, living or dead, is purely incidental.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

It kinda makes you wonder "where is this all going?" I know that each individual experiment has its own purpose, but just think about the "advancements" collectively. You have all sorts of facial features being reconstructed (there was even a special on TV about a "man with no face" where they reconstructed part of his face and the other part they made some sort of prosthetic), farm animals being cloned, and penises being rebuilt among other things. Are our scientists getting too big for their own shorts, or will this all work out only to our benefit with no malicious intent of creating the Star Wars-inspired legion of clones? The optimist in me wants to believe that everything will work out perfectly, but still, there is that tiny sliver of thought in the depths of my gray matter that can see how this could turn into something really ugly, and in a really big way. Ok, I'll shut up now... Just food for thought...
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

I just wonder what sort of dickless engineer felt he had to do this, oh I answered my own question.

But certainly this brings equality. There have been successful breast implants for years, now we men have a chance to step up the plate, pay for surgery not covered by insurance, and walk out with Johnson any African American would be proud of. I can see wives and lovers giving this as a valentines day gift the nation over. I could even rename mine from John Thomas to Big John. Is it a great day to be alive or what. Or are our priorities just really really screwed up. Nah, it's a great day to be alive
    SodaMoca5
    \"We are pressing through the sphincter of assholiness\"

Re: engineers grow penis

now through modern science, you really CAN go F**k yourself. *smirk*
    whats next?
    Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.

Tissue engineers? That ain't nuthin'. Look at what bacteria, nature's littlest tissue engineers, can make!

http://www.dazereader.com/penisjuicebottle.htm
    \"Now it\'s time to erase the story of our bogus fate. Our history as it\'s portrayed is just a recipe for hate!\"
    -Bad Religion

I wouldn’t worry too much about it t2k2, a lot of folks came down pretty heavy on plastic surgery when it first came out and had about the same concerns your now voicing. As a matter of fact it got so bad some of the surgeons “hung” themselves. :-)

I think this kind of cloning is good. It has a great potential to help and anything that will alleviate the plight of the dickless bunny can’t be all bad. As long as were growing new organs instead of entire humans its ok with me. Its culturing humans to take their organs that scares the **** out of me.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

If you can beleive my source..... (Ripleys) B.I.O.N.....they had one program....along the same lines as this...where a 40 somethin year old dude had lost his memeber due to canacer... for a few years his "quality of life" drastically went down because of his lack of feeling like a man...they actaully used his middle finger...and some grafting...and made a penis from...scratch lets say....and reported that it works in all aspects....

FYI..
    He||sFurY