The Ultimate Multi-OS Computer...

Thread: The Ultimate Multi-OS Computer...

The Ultimate Multi-OS Computer...

I was surfing tech tv's website, when I saw the mother of all Multi-Boot computers. According to the article it has a total of 57 operating systems. Basically its got every OS you could ever want to play with

TechTV - Richard's Multiboot Menagerie
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Wow 57 isn't that something never even heard of that many being on one system. For me that would be way to many for all I need is a Linux and Microsoft or freebsd. I couldn't imagine having that many OS on my system I think it would just take up to much space and you would have problems all the time. Which in the article the guy has six hard drives, I wonder how big each one is O'well.

Today is the past, tomorrow is now!

Ah, actually I was watching that myself last night, there were 39 OSs on 55 partitions across (I believe) 6 hard drives.
    -Those are my principles. If you don\'t like them, I have others.
    --Groucho Marx

Hi mom!
    One question comes to mind: Why?

What possible good would that do? Even for learning purposes, it's a total wast of the machine. If you have one computer with over 30 OSses, it would take a month to use each OS for one day. How many of you have ever learned a OS within one day?

Furthermore, by installing dozens of OSses you don't need, your disks get cramped with stuff you never use, rendering the machine useless.
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

However, if say you're using the computer as a teaching tool at a school computer lab, you could show that there is more then just Windows available. My 2 cents there.
    Your actions speak so loud that I cannot hear the words you are saying - Emerson

I can see the obvious drawbacks, but still, as far as novelty goes, I think is pretty impressive to have that many operating systems on a computer. I'd gladly settle to just have a dual boot with windows and linux, but I haven't even gotten that to work yet. Can you imagine the problems if a piece of hardware such as a graphics card goes bad, how long it would take to change the settings on all those OS's?
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Banned
    geez, thats alot of operating systems. I didn't even know that so many even existed, unless you were to include all the different distributions of Linux