Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dell Laptop Password.....

Dell Laptop Password.....

Help!! One of my Field Sales staff has just been fired..hes left me his Dell Latitude C800 but when i power it up it comes up with a Dell Password Identification System. Does anybody know how to work around this ?

Unhappy

Just some advice: This sounds like a poorly engineered "help me hack" attempt. And if you didn't know, this is not a hacker cracker site. So before too many people see this post you should either delete it or consider rewording your post.
    Civilization. The death of dreams.

It is a help me hack attempt, but its a help me hack for legitimate reasons hack. I use Antionline as a very valuable source of information to help me with my role as a Network Administrator as sometimes i do get stuck with various things. I will only be too happy to withdraw my post..but how do i re-engineer the question so that it sounds legitimate...

Get someone to ask him (the fired dude) for it..

If it's legitimate, just ask....

and always remember, check for passwords before you fire someone..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

The question is vauge at best. Is this before or after the OS loads? Is there information you need on the system or can you use the handy restore software? You need to elaborate more on the problem before anyone can help. Personally I have never come across a Dell Latitude C800 with a password identification system, and that system is mostly what the Army uses. Have you checked out Dells homepage?
    Civilization. The death of dreams.

Well i can't boot off a floppy or anything...it powers up, shows the initial dell loading screen and then just goes straight to this dell password identification screen...it must be something that the User set up in a malicious manner probably forseeing that he was going to get fired, so i have little chance of obtaining it from him. I know that when i gave it to him there was no BIOS password set.

It's a gas!
    This might be a silly question, but have tried contacting Dell?

r3b00+

Actually thats not a silly question...but it sounds a little boring...wheres your sense of adventure ?

If you can get the thing open, take out the BIOS/CMOS battery for a bit. Sure, your warranty will be void, but you get the laptop working....

It's a gas!
    Sense of adventure?!?

I thought you asked for help?

r3b00+