information of modem linux for a new linux user

Thread: information of modem linux for a new linux user

information of modem linux for a new linux user

I have list information for modem for linux..maybe will help for a new linux user;
    #Most of external modem can be use for linux modem..but here I've got that list:
    -US ROBOTIC model 0839-09,ACTIONTEC model EXT560612-01CW,BEST DATA model 565X,SUPRA EXPRESS model 56E,ZOOM model 3049L,3COM/USR model 5686-03 or model 5605-00,CREATIVE FLASH 56 II model DE 5620,VIKING model RFM56KEXT.
    # For internal modem:
    -ISA MODEM; CREATIVE ISA model DI 5601,SUPRA EXPRESS ISA model 561 SP,BEST DATA ISA model 565P,VIKING PNP-ONLY model RFM 336INC,3COM/usr ISA model 5687-03,ACTIONTEC model 56010-01.US ROBOTIC model 3CP56010-01(PCI MODEM),ACTIONTEC PCI model PCI56012-01CW(PCI modem),ACTIONTEC PC CARD model MDV9012-01(PCMIA modem),ZOOM model 2975 (PCMIA modem).

I hope that's information will help..cause it's seems to me ..so many a new linux user asking about modem for linux.

cheerrrssss
    Not an image or image does not exist!

sweet_angel

Depending on which version of linux you are running the vendor sites may offer a hardware compatibility list - I know Mandrake does - check there and see if they are compatible with your distro.

I would seriously consider an external modem, I have never run into problems with the generic ones.

Regards

PP

Sorry, choked with the flu and didn't read your post properly - sorry has been one of those days

I've agreed with you phat_penguin...generic external modem..is good choice for linux user, I've got that a bit information just..in case someone need it and I recommend most of EXTERNAL modem can be use for LINUX...easy and no hassless..