WAR is Soon???
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WAR is Soon???

WAR is Soon???

I have a friend living near Dublin Aiport and this is what she wrote today...
    Make you think where all those planes are going???

Here is what she wrote anyway!!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Living so close to Dublin Airport we rarely notice planes flying right over the house as they begin their landing...nor do we notice them as they gain height in their ascent.
    But you know what?
    You certainly do notice things when they are not the norm.

550am this morning I was looking outside.
    I was awake early because of my constant back pain ...and was standing at the back door (cup of tea in hand) looking out at the dawn breaking....cloudless sky...as I looked into the east watching the weak sun gain strength....I saw jets.....lots of jets....one after the other.....very high.....and travelling at some speed.
    Hmmmmmm I thought ....immediate thoughts were of G W Bush and his threats to Iraq.
    All day I have noticed ordinary planes taking off and travelling in a part of the sky that they never EVER fly in (not in the 10yrs Ive been living here)
    Im wondering is GWB gathering his ammo together in a US base somewhere in Europe.
    If so this adds further fuel to the Irish publics anger at our so called neutrality status being made a joke of by allowing use of our airspace by US fighter planes.

Of course Im only surmising...I have no proof that all these jets that I saw very early this morning were nothing but passenger jets flying to Russia .....all 30 -40 of them!!!!

Edited by: (Name removed) at: 9/13/02 4:13:26 pm

You know, when you hear about things like this, it makes your mind wander; I know that your intention is not to scare anyone, you're just sharing what you saw, but a person can't help but to think....
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

The reason i posted this was its from a friend who i believe told me the truth and its something you will not hear about on the NEWS today i bet!!

I'm no authority on military issues, but I have heard through the grapevine (a reliable source) that by the end of the year or as early as the end of this very month, something big is going to happen in the middle East. You may draw your own conclusions as to what this means, I know what it means to me but to ensure that no one gets into any trouble over this post, I'll leave it at that. Mind you, this is NOT confirmed information from any top official; I don't know anyone high up on the ladder so take it as a rumor and know that I won't be held responsible for spreading falsehoods. No offense, I just don't want put myself or anyone else knee deep in something no one wants to deal with.
    [glowpurple]It all works out in the end.[/glowpurple]

But that\'s just my opinion, I could be wrong.
    Dennis Miller

There's a couple of ways to look at it, if the letter is right. First, we can hope that this time they're allowed to finish the job. The other side of the coin is, we'll be stuck in that place for years to come. You know America -- win and war and lose the peace. Look at Germany and Japan, mostly rebuilt with our money.

To answer your question Info_Au,for the time being the US government is "training in Kuwait"at least for the time being.And yes it does look like we're going to war soon.Today Saddam refused the demands of the US and UN to stop any and all production of "weapons of mass destruction" and allow inspectors into Iraq.Now that GW has addressed congress and the UN,it's time to start rolling in the troops.From what I've heard on various news stations and web sites,I'd estimate December is when the heavy fighting will begin,but the air attacks will be much sooner I'm sure.I also feel that Saddam has asked for it time and time again and that the US/Britain/Australia/whoever else decides to join in the fray are more than justified.Hopefully he can be taken out with minimum military and civilian casualties,but I have a feeling things are going to get a little messy for a while.The fanatical Muslim terrorists couldn't be more pissed off at the world right now,and as long as non-Muslims are "invading" their territory and not allowing them to oppress the general populations of their countries with their ruthless dictators,they're going to keep sending suicide bombers and hijackers and whatever else they can come up with at us.I agree with Chuck in saying lets get in there do the job,and do it right.The quicker this crap is over with the better.
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]

Originally posted here by gghornet
    but the air attacks will be much sooner I'm sure
    US, UK step up air war on Iraq

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2002/se...iraq-s06.shtml

Just FYI

On September 3rd the US did a mass activation of National Guard troops. In some cases entire states were activated and mobilized. If you remember desert storm, this is what happened in the July/Auguest time frame before the war. One thing to look for is trains carrying military vehicles (tanks, hmmvees) heading south.

Nate

As the spouse of a military member living on a military instalation I can say that without a doubt we will be at war with Iraq within the next few months... When it happens it won't be until AFTER the new year (This is just an educated guess on my part)... The unit my wife is assigned to is the only active duty unit in the Army that deals with the recovery of our fallen soliders remains ( Mortuary Affairs) They go in with the advance parties to set up the mortuary's and colection points for the remains... I can say with 95% accuracy that they aren't going anywhere until at least late Nov early Dec.... I agree that there will be an increase in the number of airstrikes in the coming months and a build up of troops in the region... But the "War" itself won't kick off until Jan-Feb IMHO... And as a peice of friendly advice I would keep a close eye on what transpires on that side of the pond when it does kick off... We are looking at the very real potential for WWIII in this war... Iraq has used chemica and Biological weapons in the past and I am sure they will do it again... This combined with the US doctrine of Nuclear retaliation against enemies that use NBC weapons against us could lead to a very messy conflict which will spread out of the middle east...

Food for thought anyway...

4MidgetHitmen
    \"Nuts!\"- Commanding General 101st Airborne Division Dec 1944 in answer to German request that he surrender Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge
    Life has a certian flavor for those who have fought and risked it all that the sheltered and protected can never experience.- John Stewart Mill
    White, Hetrosexual, Christian male. I own guns, hunt, eat meat, burn wood, and my wife wears fur... Any questions?

I don't know, folks. I vacillate from day to day on this Iraq thing. I'm convinced we need to take Saddam out. I'm convinced he, along with Iran, Saudi Arabia, Syria, and probably other Arab states are a major force in propogating terrorism and they ALL need to be dealt with.

On the other hand, I've seen war up front and personal. I've been there, done that, have the scars mental and physical, to prove it as a combat infantryman in Vietnam, and hate the thought that anybody should need to go through what I and too many others did.

World War 3? I don't know. I do think Iraq will NOT be standing alone in the next one. I sincerely, desperately hope it's a quick, surgical strike and it's over in a hurry.

I do have one last comment, regarding "innocent" civilian casualties. What is a nation? What makes up the infrastructure of that nation? Is it buildings, factories and land? If that be the case, we can walk in without firing a shot. Buildings and factories don't shoot back. A nation is the people, military and civilian. Somebody makes the weapons, clothing, vehicles, and supplies troops and food for the army. When you go to war, everybody at the muzzle end of your rifle is considered an enemy until proven otherwise. My opinion only, of course.