Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Security news

Security news

I'm sure the security news thing is great and for lots of people it is useful, but I don't like it. Its a great idea, and thanks to JP for implementing it, but I don't like having to press Page Down 3 times before I can get to the posts, so could somebody please create an option to turn off the news. I looked but I didn't find one, so if it is there, sorry, but if it isn't please create one.

WTF?!?!?! Lol, sorry dude. I love the news and the fact that you are to lazy to scroll down, IMO, isn't a reason to take off the news.. Sorry, JMO. -- Jason Copeland

I like the news feature as well, but a way to minimize either the news or the posts would be a nice touch, so you can tailor what you see on the main page more to your interests?
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

To he/she who gave me negs. You obviously did not read my post. The other 2 posts were praising this new security news system, I on the other hand, don't really like it and was hoping JP would give people the option of having it in there or not.

The Iceman Cometh
    I like the news as well (reminds me of the "good 'ol days" when this was a news site), but I can understand where you're coming from. Something which would be far easier to implement, and would most likely make you, as well as others happy, would be if the news were placed below the forums, rather than above the forums. Just an idea which may settle the issue on both sides.

AJ

Security News feature is great.!!!. I love reading it. Thanx to Webmaster.

I would like to suggest an option to hide the news while going down to the forums....

As we all know a small [-] preceeds our username. It function is to contract the thread for easier scrolling. A click on it changes to [+] (for expand the thread).

If this got implemented, it would be easier to expand/contract the News section.

Any ideas????.
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=210 ۯ

UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity. Dennis Ritchie.

Re: Security news

Originally posted here by linuxelite
    I'm sure the security news thing is great and for lots of people it is useful, but I don't like it. Its a great idea, and thanks to JP for implementing it, but I don't like having to press Page Down 3 times before I can get to the posts, so could somebody please create an option to turn off the news. I looked but I didn't find one, so if it is there, sorry, but if it isn't please create one.

We quite agree, a minimizing feature would be excellent and very simple to add.
    It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in an argument.
    --Uknown

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=200

Or they (news & posts) could form two paragraphs next to each other... or they might get too narrow then... The main page layout could of course be fully renewed, the last time was a year ago when the posts moved from the narrow paragraph at the left to the middle of the page, was that when the news stopped existing?

The option of hiding the news completely could be replaced by an option to change the order of the news and posts lists. "Which one would you like to see at the top? [News/Posts]"
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

I like the news and I appreciate it being at the top. I'll read through those items that interest me and go on to the forums. It's a great addition.

Yeah, but at the end of the month I'll be back to using dial-up until I move into my new house, so this nea feature will just make it harder for me access the main page.