View Poll Results: Should DarkeMaster be accepted?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 100.00%
  • No

0 0%

Thread: File descriptions

File descriptions

In the text file download section do you think it would be easier to understand what that particular file is about if a description was added to it? We've glanced through them and some of the titles can be cryptic and non-informative.

This could be something to consider as more of an 'update' instead of a feature, we suppose, but Ann was just alittle disconcerted to see no description and she was alittle shy about downloading any of them just incase it was something she had no interest in.

Definitly not something all-important but would be a bonus ;-)
    It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in an argument.
    --Uknown

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=200

I suggested the same thing a while ago but it went no where. The main reason was the time it would take to actually do it. I thought that if a few members volunteered and split up the files, it might be a lot easier . . . and get done. I'm all for more informative descriptions, especially since the majority of files don't have any description at all. Good luck and I'd still be willing to help out on a project for this.

V.
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them. What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

We think more about descriptions being a required function for new files instead of having to add descriptions to files already present. That definitly would be drawn out job.

We do not believe however that adding the function itself would be any problem.
    It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in an argument.
    --Uknown

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=200

Making it a required field would not be difficult, getting members to input complete descriptions will. Ensuring new additions have descriptions is fine but I still think it would be nice if ALL the downloadable files had descriptions. As I said, I realize it would be a big project but if enough members were to offer their help - it could be done.
    V.
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them. What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.